14

third person. 

"Are you coming with us all today?" Zach asked Serenity as they were by the breakfast bar, making her jump slightly as she looked at him, "It's only to the beach."

"What makes you think I wouldn't come?" She asked as he shrugged, watching her get a plate of fruit.

"The fact that you always leave the group at the most random times." Zach replied, raising his eyebrows as she shook her head and laughed slightly.

"Yes I'm coming today." She told him as he nodded and smiled, "And no, I won't leave the group."

"Good." He said as the pair went back to the table, engaging with the conversation happening at it as everyone dug into their food.

After breakfast, the group went straight to the beach, as all of them already had their swimwear underneath what they had slipped on this morning, they saw no reason to go back to their hotel rooms, so they found a good spot on the beach that everyone was quite happy with.

And once again, Zach and Serenity were sat beside each other but this time Zach took his eyes off his phone screen and his attention was glued to the group of friends he had with him in Hawaii.

"You're awfully quiet." She said, looking at him.

"I don't know how to act." Zach replied.

"Acting like yourself is always a great option." She suggested as the boy rolled his eyes and smiled slightly, "I'm serious, when have I ever judged you for anything."

"When I dipped my fries into my milkshake." He said, looking at her with raised eyebrows.

"Until I tried it and really liked it." Serenity corrected him, "But that was only once."

"My driving." He said.

"I'm the only person who actually likes getting in a car with you driving Zach." The girl corrected him again as he let out a huff and went quiet.

"I hate how right you are, stop it." Zach folded his arms, looking at her as he flipped her bucket hat off of her head, "That's for being right."

"Bully is still your middle name I see." She replied, going to grab it from behind her back as Zach took it away, "Really?"

He smiled at her as he placed the hat on top of his head before messing up her hair, making her give him a glare as a smile slowly grew on her face, causing both of them let out a laugh.

"You're such an idiot." Serenity said, trying to take her hat back just as the boy moved his head, "I want my hat backkk."

"That's a shame." Zach shrugged, letting out a small laugh as he took it off his head and placed it on hers, "There you go precious."

"Thanks." She nodded, suddenly going slightly shy as blush appeared on her cheeks and she looked away from the boy.

"You're sun burnt." Zach told her, touching the red part on her hair as she flinched and looked at him, "Oh, sorry I didn't think it would hurt."

"It's a burn?" Serenity looked at him confused before laughing at him, "You're so stupid."

"It didn't look that bad, let me put some of that weird gel on it Gabbie always has." Zach said, getting up and grabbing the gel from beside Gabbie's bag, "I think it's for Lavender but you're like a baby so it's fine."

"Just because I'm shorter than you doesn't mean I'm a baby." She let out a huff as the boy shrugged, pouring some of the gel into his hand and gently rubbing it on her arm.

"Awh look how cute." Treasure said, walking up to them, "Almost like you're a couple."

"Shut up." Serenity rolled her eyes, thanking Zach before looking at Treasure, "Everyone is picking me on today."

"You're easy to make fun of." Treasure shrugged, grabbing her drink, "What's this then? Why are you both avoiding the group?"

"I want to lay here." Zach said, frantically falling into the sand, "Soak in the sun."

"Sounds like every Instagram model ever." Serenity looked at him, pouring water on his face, "Art."

Zach jumped out of his skin and looked up at her, wiping the water from his eyes before sitting up, "Remember in December when I had that water bottle? Don't make me recreate this."

"Who is the one with the bottle?" Serenity raised her eyebrows as Treasure shook her head and laughed at the two of them before walking back off to the group.

"I hate you." Zach said, rolling his eyes playfully before going back to laying down.

"Love you too." She said, giving him a small smile as he looked at her, a grin appearing on his face as the boy slighted blushed.

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

when she says it as a joke but we all know deep down she wants it to be genuine🤩