70

third person.

"Ok well I'll see you soon," Treasure said to Serenity as she nodded, both exchanging their farewells as the girl closed the door to the apartment and turned around to look at Zach.

"It's quiet." Zach said, his hands falling into his lap as Serenity sat down beside him on the couch, "But it's a nice quiet."

She nodded as a smile grew on her face, "At least we got a nice view of the outside."

"A very nice view." He agreed, his gaze focused on the girl as a smile grew on his face too, "This is weird though, like it's our first night living together."

"Which means you aren't going to be going back to NYC in a week like you usually would, I'm not going anywhere, this is going to become our like norm." Zach continued to explain, "The only time it'll be long distance is when I'm on tour."

"Do we have to start actually cooking almost every night now?" Serenity asked as the boy shook his head, both of them letting out a small laugh.

"Chicken tenders every night, i'm an adult I can make my own decisions now."

"We bought green paint instead of grey, we can't adult."

"Shut upp," He rolled his eyes and smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist as he pulled her closer to him, "We can at least try."

"We can try our best." She nodded, letting out a happy sigh as they fell into a comfortable silence.

As the clock turned to 8pm and the sun was just setting over the city, the unusual colours being displayed across the sky, Zach had a smile that he was unable to get off of his face.

The main thing on his mind was mainly how much they had grown over the past year. From meeting back in June of last year to having their first home together just at the end of June this year, through their ups and downs and everything in between, both of them were glad everything worked out perfectly.

And although most of their talks about the future were clearly shown as a joke no matter how deep their conversations got, either of them were just too scared to admit that they wanted it to be a reality, instead of an inside joke they had.

But through the arguments, the many situations with both of their exes, the jokes shared in the group chats, the long distance, the late night talks, the struggles, the polaroids, the hours they spent painting together when one felt sad, the baking, the cooking, the decorating and the holidays where they'd be with the other half's family, the couple were happy. Happy to be in a healthy relationship despite it all.

Even though Serenity's mental health had slipped and was yet to recover and Zach still wasn't there with being the perfect boyfriend he could possibly be, anyone who they had crossed path with still found a way to compliment their relationship.

Because every bump was always resolved, and in modern day relationships that was often proven difficult.

"So what now?" Zach asked as Serenity looked at him, "A child? Getting married? A cat?"

"Definitely a cat." Serenity replied through a laugh, getting off of the couch as she pulled him up too, "Let's go to bed."

"Not a child? That's unlike you to say." Zach smiled, getting up as they walked through to the bedroom.

"You still act like a child, I'd rather make sure you're fully grown first." She said as he rolled his eyes but laughed.

"I am fully grown."

"I'm not so sure on that," She shrugged, falling onto the bed as Zach shook his head, laying down beside her, "You've got a lot of growing to do."

"Are you calling me short?"

"Yes, in a nice way." She nodded and smiled, tugging at the bottom of his shirt slightly.

"Woah Ren, chill we've got loads of other nights to do that," Zach said, holding his hand out as the girl tilted her head.

"I just like you shirtless." She shrugged, pulling him in for a kiss as the boy smiled, taking off his shirt, "See I like that."

"See I love you," He said, placing a few soft kisses up her neck and then a more passionate one on her lips.

"I love you most," Serenity replied, wrapping her arms around his neck as he shook his head and smiled, "What?"

"No you don't," He told her, giving her another kiss that was a little more deeper and passionate than the last as Serenity played the ends of his hair.

And from there it opened up multiple possibilities to where the night could lead them in the first night of their first home.

But no matter what, at the end of the day after all their silly little arguments and small bumps, their 8 letters always remained the same;

i promise.

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)