Vol. 2 Ch. 19 Break

Your POV

When Yang, Ruby, and I arrived at Patch, we were met by a familiar person. Ruby ran up, hugged him, and said, "Dad!" He ruffled her hair and said, "Hey, Ruby." Then Yang and I walked up and said, "Hey, Dad." Then we went back to our house.

When we got there, Dad pulled me into an adjoining room and said, "I heard from Ozpin that you lost your eye on a mission, am I correct?" I sighed, nodded, and said, "Yeah, I got a robotic replacement eye now." He looked at my eyes and said, "I see, well, the good news is that the robotic eye looks very similar to your actual eye." I smiled and said, "Thanks, Dad." He smiled and said, "No problem."

3rd Person POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Zwei chasing a Grimm)

Ruby went over to her mom's gravestone and said, "Hey, mom. Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been, pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, uh, you know... Dad. He's still teaching at Signal. But he told me that he's going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you. I miss you too. Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang and Y/N helps keep them in line... That was a joke. They're actually really great fighters! You can tell they've learned a lot from Dad! Oh, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh! They're my teammates! Together, we form team RWBY! And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion. Anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some... let's just say, uh, odd teachers. Oh! We've also stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say: 'like mother, like daughter'! I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he's starting to sound like Uncle Qrow. Oh, and Y/N actually got a girlfriend, too."

Your POV

Just then, Zwei barked, announcing Dad and I's presence. Ruby turned back to Summer's grave and said, "Dad and Y/N are here. He's dropping me and Y/N off at Beacon for the tournament match before he goes on his next mission. Wish us luck! It was good to talk." She jogged back over to Dad, Zwei, and I. My dad smirked and said, "So, Y/N, what's this about a girlfriend?" I facepalmed and said, "It's true." He nodded and asked, "So how did you meet this girl?" I smiled and said, "I guess you could say I took a page out of your book." Dad raised an eyebrow and said, "How so?" I replied and said, "She's on our team." My dad smiled and said, "You're just like your old man."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.