Vol. 4 Ch. 33 Progress

Your POV

I woke up from another bad dream related to the Fall of Beacon. I sat up in a cold sweat and heard some talking downstairs. So I got up and put on my pants and my jacket. I didn't even bother putting a shirt on. I went downstairs and found Dad talking with Professor Port and Doctor Oobleck in the kitchen. I walked into the room and said, "I hope I'm not interrupting. May I join you?" Oobleck replied, "Not a problem, Mr. Xiao Long. We were just remembering old stories." I smiled and said, "Please continue."

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N laughing so hard, the soda he was drinking comes out of his nose)

Port said, "Oh, Miss Xiao L— Yang, if you don't mind me asking, why haven't you tried on the arm yet?" Oobleck nodded and said, "Oh, yes, yes! A piece of Atlas technology given out like that is rare indeed! Not to mention the effort it took to deliver it here. It seems a great many people want to see you returned to normal." Yang looked down and said, "I'm... scared." Our dad takes a sidestep closer to Yang, watching and listening, while I put my hand on her shoulder.

Yang continued, "Everyone keeps talking about me getting back to normal. And I appreciate it, but... this is normal now." Oobleck and Port both exchanged sad, knowing glances. Then Yang added, "It's just taking me a while to get used to it. Dad replied, "Well, normal is what you make of it." Yang looked at him and said, "What is that supposed to mean? Do you want me to just pretend like nothing happened? I lost a part of me. A piece of me is gone. And it's never coming back."

I looked at her and said, "You're right. It's not coming back. But that doesn't have to stop you from becoming who you wanna be. It didn't stop me when I lost my eye, did it? It just delayed me slightly. But you're Yang Xiao Long, my twin sister." Then Dad put his hand on Yang's shoulder and said, "You can do whatever you put your mind to. So whenever you're ready to stop moping, and get back out there, I'll be there for you." I smiled and said, "And so will I."

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N fixing Burnout and Smokey)

I was laying in my bed, when I heard the floor creak by my door. I rolled over and saw Yang standing there. I sat up and watched as my twin sister sat down next to me on my bed. I turned to her and she said, "I think I might be ready to try it." I smiled and said, "That's progress. I'm glad that you're getting back out there." Yang smiled and said, "I'm doing it for our sister." I put my arm around my sister and said, "And I'll go with you."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.