Vol. 7 Ch. 42 The Not-So-Warm Welcome

Your POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N lighting a campfire with a fireball by using his semblance)

After we got cuffed and thrown into the back of a police airship, I turned to Weiss and said, "So, please tell me Atlas is better than this." Uncle Qrow spoke up and said, "Now, this...This is much closer to what I was expecting." I sighed and said, "I see." Weiss looked at me and said, "I hope it gets better." I nodded and said, "Me too." Then she rested her head on my shoulder. I rested my head against hers and said, "If we're going to jail, at least we'll be there together." Weiss sighed and said, "You're right."

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N and Weiss playing chess)

The airship docked on a landing pad in front of Atlas Academy and approached by a pair of guards, who opened the ship's rear double doors to let us exit. Ruby gazed up at the towering academy while more guards lined up along the path leading to the building. Ruby said, "I guess we will be seeing the General." I added, "Yeah, for better or for worse." The group of us headed up to the school, then Ren spoke up and said, "So, what do we do?" We found ourselves riding a rising elevator inside the academy with our wrists still restrained, accompanied by guards. Ruby replied, "I don't know yet. But we should be careful with what we say."

One of the guards looked over his shoulder at us and Blake said quietly, "We'll follow your lead, Ruby." Ruby smiled but then started to look worried again. The elevator beeps as it arrives at its destination, and the guards escorted us out into a hallway and down a flight of stairs. We arrived in a room just as Ironwood walked through, speaking to someone else, "I swear if I have to sit through one more council meeting like that…" He turned toward a small flight of stairs on his way to his office, accompanied by Winter and Penny. The latter noticed us, stopped with a gasp, and said, "Yay, you're here!" Her celebratory greeting caught both Ironwood and Winter's attention, causing them to stop and look. Weiss stepped out from behind me and Ruby, approached them, and said, "Winter."

Winter gasped lightly in surprise, and the sisters' reunion is quickly interrupted by Nora leaning in and holding up her bound wrists, grinning and waving her fingers, and saying, "Anyone wanna give us a hand with these?" Winter took a moment to collect herself, returning to her usual stern demeanor and addressing the guards, saying, "You have ten seconds to take those off before I start hurting you." The guards looked at each other in confusion and said, "Huh?" Finally understanding the situation, the guards frantically began removing the bolases from our arms, while Ironwood watched with a smile. As the guards removed the restraints, I said to Weiss, "Remind me never to piss off your sister in the future." She rolled her eyes as the bolases fall to the floor, giving off a purple glow and retracting the ropes before emitting a beep noise.

Ironwood spoke up and said, "Please, come in." We followed Ironwood, Winter, and Penny into Ironwood's office. Then Ironwood added, "It is so good to see all of you." My twin sister and I both massaged our wrists, and I said, "Our reception didn't really convey that." Ironwood sighed and said, "I sincerely regret how you were treated by my team." Qrow rolled his eyes with a small huff. Ironwood walked behind his desk to sit down, and Penny and Winter took positions standing at either side of the desk. Then Ironwood said, "When a rogue airship entered our airspace, it raised some… red flags. We assumed the ship was stolen."

Ruby said, "Stolen?" Ruby laughed awkwardly, before taking an apologetic tone and saying, "Okay, yeah, it was stolen." Ironwood's eyes widened in surprise. He then smiled, and his shoulders moved a tiny bit with a silent chuckle. Winter, meanwhile, found no humor in the situation and began scolding Weiss, "You stole an Atlas airship?" Weiss watched with a frown as Winter approaches her, and continued, "What were you thinking!? You might've been shot down! How unbelievably irresponsib─" Weiss surprised and interrupted Winter by hugging her and saying, "I'm sorry I worried you. But we did what we had to do." Winter replied, "I…" Then she sighed and hugged back, calming down, and said, "I suppose I understand." Then she turned to me and said, "And it's nice to see you again, Y/N." I smiled and said, "You too, Winter." She then turns her head to glare at Qrow and said, "But I cannot believe that you allowed this to happen, Qrow." Uncle Qrow replied, "You try stopping these kids when they have their mind set on something. Speaking of which…" He looked at Ironwood and said, "We have some important information for you that's… confidential."

Don't forget to vote for who you want for the next book. This book will probably only have one more chapter. If there's a tie, I'll be have another voting poll set up for the tiebreaker.
Master out.