Vol. 5 Ch. 36 Findings

Your POV

Yang looked at me and said, "What is she talking about, Y/N?" I sighed and said, "A couple years ago, I was out looking for our mom on my own. I came across a clearing in the woods that looked like it had been used as a camp recently. As I looked around, I saw our mom standing by the edge of the clearing. I approached her and asked her why she left us. But she left without answering." Yang looked at me and said, "And you didn't say anything because you didn't want me to get my hopes up." I nodded and said, "Yeah. Sorry, I kept it from you, sis." Yang smiled and said, "I understand why you did."

There was a brief moment of silence, followed by Raven saying, "Right. I'm sure this is all very overwhelming. But I must admit that you've both proven yourselves. So any questions you have I'll be happy to answer. You two can stay with us tonight. I'll even have the cooks whip up something for you." Yang said, "That's not why we are here." The bandits reacted to Yang's irreverence and Raven asked, "What was that?" Yang replied, "We aren't here for you. Ruby is somewhere in Mistral. She's with Qrow, and she's going to need our help. We just need you to take us to her." Raven asked, "And why would I do that?" I answered, "Because we're family." Raven scowled, and muttered, "Family. Only coming around when they need something. I have to say, I'm disappointed. After all, you both found me, didn't you? Why not take that drive and use it to find your little sister if she means that much to you two?"

Yang answered, "Because you're going to save us time. Ruby was heading to Mistral, but there's no guarantee she's made it there. Looking for her in Anima could take ages. But... Dad told us how your Semblance works." Then I said, "You can bond to certain people. And when you do, you could create a portal that takes you straight to them. You've got one for Dad. One for Yang. One for me. And you've got one for Uncle Qrow. He promised Yang and I that he'd watch out for Ruby before he left. And we trust him. So, make a portal to Uncle Qrow and Ruby, and we'll be on our way."

Raven said, "You know, it takes real strength to march in here and demand such a favor of me. I've got to say, I'm impressed. It's very noble to want to help out your sister. But if she's with Qrow, then she's already a lost cause." Yang asked, "What does that mean?" Raven replied, "You two don't want to get mixed up in all of that, Yang. Ozpin is not the man you think he is. And Qrow is a fool for trusting him. I would know, I trusted him once, too." Yang said, "I don't care what you think." I added, "Neither do I." Raven responded, "Your choice is your own. All I'm suggesting is that instead of getting wrapped up in something too big for you, for any of us, that maybe you two take a moment to wonder if you're already where you belong." I replied, "Save your breath. You can spout off whatever you want, but nothing is going to keep us from our sister." Raven said, "Well, aren't you two stubborn." Yang replied, "We get it from our mom."

Raven said, "Well, if that's how you feel, then it sounds like we're done here. Take them away." The bandits surround and begin to move in on Yang and I. Yang sees this, before turning her head back to Raven and saying, "Did you not hear us? We said send us to Qrow, damn it!" Her eyes turned red as she spouted her last statement. One of the bandits spoke up and said, "That's enough! You watch your mouth in front of our leader!" Some of the bandits tense up behind him and Yang said, "Make me." The bandit tried to attack Yang, but Yang punched the bandit into a tent, revealing Weiss, the one person that I missed the most, in a cage. Weiss looked at us and said, "Yang? Y/N?"

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.