Vol. 6 Ch. 41 Onward To Atlas

Your POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Cinder taking a Chibi Beowolf on a walk with a leash)

After we finally managed to leave Argus on an airship, I sat down next to Weiss and said, "I really meant it when I proposed." She turned to me and said, "I know. I love you." I nodded and said, "I love you too, baby. It's just..." I trailed off and Weiss asked, "It's just what? What is it, Y/N?" I sighed and said, "I just hope you family approves of me. I mean I know your sister Winter does, but I'm not sure about the rest." Weiss put her hand on my shoulder and said, "It doesn't matter if that don't approve. What matters is that I love you no matter what. Besides, if my father doesn't approve of you, that'd be even better." I smiled slightly and said, "I've been thinking about something else too." Weiss looked at me and said, "What?" I replied and said, "When we get married, I want you to keep your last name and I'll change mine to Schnee."

Weiss looked at me shocked and confused. Then she asked, "Why?" I sighed and answered, "Because I feel like it might be weird for the heiress of the Schnee Dust Company to have a different last name. Don't you?" Weiss smiled and replied, "Ex-heiress, actually. My father gave the title to my younger brother after my outburst at the party." I nodded and said, "Oh. Well, I still would prefer to take your last name. Something about Y/N Schnee kinda sounds good to me." Weiss rolled her eyes and said, "You're such a dolt." I smiled and said, "But I'm your dolt." She smiled and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

Uncle Qrow spoke up and said, "Hey, if you've never seen Atlas in person before, you don't wanna miss this." All of us walked up to the cockpit window and Ruby said, "Is it weird that I'm sorta nervous?" Then my twin sister replied, "No, I'll believe we've made it to Atlas when I see it." Weiss said, "Well... believe it." The airship comes out of the clouds, and the floating city of Atlas is seen coming into view. Nora commented, "Wow!" Maria said, "You know, you make the trip up to Atlas over and over, but you never get used to that view." Then her prosthetic eyes start to act up again and she said, "Oh, come on!"

Weiss leaned forward and had a nervous look on her face. I noticed this and asked, "Weiss, what is it?" The rest of us looked up, and noticed that above the city of Atlas, there were many Atlas Airships. My fiancée replied, "The Atlas air fleet... I knew all of our ships were called back, but..." Uncle Qrow said, "They're set up like they're expecting an attack..." Suddenly, the radio turned on and we heard Atlas Air Control say, "Manta 5-1, welcome home..."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote for who you want for my next book! If you guys want Y/N to keep his last name instead of changing it, let me know.
Master out.