[09]

[Chapter 09]

Third Person's

"I didn't even use my goddamn gun!" Niall said as he seat at the couch. Energy drink was in his hand.

"Damn 3 vs 1 ako don and I didn't even had any single scratch." Nakangising saad naman ng kakapasok lang na si Adrham.

"I came face to face with my target." Niall and Adrham shift their gazes to Nemesis that is now holding a book.

"That is your strategy!" Niall shouted but Nemesis just shrugged.

"Ano pa ko? I didn't even sweat!" Malaki ang ngisi sa mukha ni Denson. They all look at him with a frown on their faces.

"You just need to pull your stupid trigger, whose gonna sweat on that huh?" Saad ng kakapasok pa lamang na si Xiara.

"For your information people, I'm your eyes and ears on this mission. I should be the one who got the credit." Nakangising saad nito na siyang sinagot ng irap ng bawat isa.

"What? I'm just telling the truth!" Everyone stands up and exits the room.

"Where are you going?" They didn't answer. Huling lumabas si Nemesis, she grabbed her arm and look directly into her eyes.

"Where are you all going? Am i not counted?" Kunot noong tanong niya rito.

"Take all the credits, we'll just eat lunch." She gave her a little smile bago tatawa tawang lumabas rin ng silid.

"I-i just tell them the truth." Mangiyak ngiyak na saad ng pinaka bata sa grupo.

[Tara's POV]

I let out a sigh as i stared at the ceiling. It's been four weeks since i got here. I didn't feel any danger around me, I didn't get any death glare whenever i made a mistake. I ate three times a day and even four times. I didn't get yelled or whatever that i was used to experience before. It feels like a new life for me, a new chance and a new experience.

My doubts are still not fading, what if after a year they'll change? He'll change? it's not that easy for me to trust people that fast. I mean yes, Carver—sir Carver, kuya Carver? Yes he manage to enter my wall but it doesn't mean that I can trust everyone easily. I got betrayed before, a lot.

But as like what i said to myself, i am willing to risk my life this time. I don't care if they plan to abused or worse, kill me in the future. I'm too tired of running away from my death, too tired of trying to survive the cruel world i was in. If they were also monsters that is too crazy to take my life, then be it. I won't runaway. I'll die if i die, I don't care anymore.

"Nagugutom ka ba? I'll bake something for you if you want." Iniangat ko ang ulo ko na siyang nakapatong sa ibabaw ng sandalan ng sofa at nilingon si Mariele.

Umiling ako sa kanya at muling tumitig sa kisame. "You're not the smiley type of person ano?"

"Siguro." Maikling sagot ko. Tumabi siya sa akin sa sofa at itinukod ang siko sa sofa habang nakaharap sa akin.

"Alam mo ang ganda ng mga mata mo." Inangat ko ang ulo ko mula sa pagkakalapat sa tuktok ng sandalan at lumingon ako sakanya.

"Yours too, it's too black and it really suits your beautiful face." Bigla siyang tumawa sa sinabi ko. I'm telling the truth, her eyes really suits her.

"Parang pinaganda mo lang yung salitang may natural akong kulay ng mata." She said between her giggles.

"Totoo naman, having a natural color of the eyes is the most beautiful thing you can have. I mean you can't be an outcast, it doesn't makes you different from the others. You won't get the unwanted attention around you. You won't be in danger because of your uniqueness and you will live in a normal life." Her mouth shaped as 'O' and laugh. Ipinatong ko na lamang ulit ang ulo ko sa ibabaw ng sandalan at pumikit.

"Okay I can't make an argument to that." I can still hear her little giggles. "But you know let me tell you something."

"Hmm?" I looked at her.

"If you don't see the beauty in your eyes well i did. Everyone did, but as we saw its undeniable beauty we can also see the darkness and fear peeping on it."

"I'm not saying that you must push yourself and forget about everything from your past." She smiled before she continues.

"But if you will keep your past from hunting you, you won't get yourself free from the chain." She pause for a second. Both of my ears were listening to her very carefully as my eyes looking directly at her.

"The chain that keeps on pulling you back to your past so you will end up being lost in the darkness. Well hindi naman sa sinasabi ko na hey move on din, because i know it's very hard. It's hard because i also know how it feels. But try to free yourself, try to let yourself out from the cage you were living in. Because you know, there's light in every darkness and you deserve to be out from that darkness." She said and my eyes were captivated by the tears forming on her eyes. I remember she told me that Carver's parents keep her in their roof and she decided to be their maid. Same with Matilda.

"What happened to your parents?" I saw a glimpse of surprise on her eyes. She didn't expect me to ask her that.

"I never met them." Aniya at yumuko upang punasan ang mga luha na tuluyang nakatakas sa kanyang mata.

"You said you know how i feel?" I know I'm being nosy but I wanted to know why she said that.

"Ah yea, Let's just say that i also lost some people i love. People that is also important for me." Wala na ang mga luha sa kanyang mga mata. Lumitaw na muli ang malaking ngiti sa kanyang labi.

"How can you do that?" Wala sa sariling naitanong ko. Her face is full of confusion. "What do you mean?"

"How can you smile when the faces of those people flashes on your mind?" She stare at me for about twenty seconds.

"Brain can forget Tara, it really possible for you to forget about the pain in less than an hour. Just pick something to do to make yourself busy then boila! You'll forget about the nasty past." She said with her smile fading away from her lips.

"But the dumbest thing is when you're laying alone in the bed, when you finally had the time to rest your mind. Your heart will now start its job. It will ache like shit. It will let you feel the pain like what you've feel before and it will send the message to your brain causing you to remember all the shits again and make your life miserable over and over again" She's saying words that i never heard from her before and it seems like she's not the Mariele i used to talk with for the past three weeks. Hindi ko magawang alisin ang paningin ko sa kanyang mga mata. It's like I'm looking for something to see on her eyes. I don't know what it is but i know something strong is hiding in her eyes.

"That's why they said that The mind forget but the heart will always remember. Because that was true as hell." She laugh with tears flowing in her eyes. I grabbed her hands and pulled her for a hug. I don't know why i did that, my body just acted without my permission.

Why do i feel some agony behind her words? Now i found what's hiding in her eyes. I saw a girl. A girl who wants vengeance. But from whom? Why? What happened to her? Who is she? Who is the real Mariele peeping in her eyes?

___________________________________

Kimonokun