Epilogue

Tara's POV

Hindi ko mapigilan ang pagsilay ng ngiti sa mga labi ko habang pinagmamasdan ang malaking pintuan. Kailan ba ulit noong huling sumilay ang totoong ngiti sa mga labi ko? Totoong ngiti na walang kahalong takot at pangamba.

Kahit ngayon lang, kahit sa araw lang na ito ayokong pasukin ng kahit anumang negatibong bagay ang isip ko. Pinigilan ko ang sarili ko sa pagluha, tumingala pa ako upang hindi tuluyang bumagsak ang mga luha sa mga mata ko.

Kahit kailan ay hindi ko nakita ang sarili ko na magkakaroon ng isang taong tunay na magmamahal sa akin. Isang tao na ipaparamdam kung gaano ako kaimportante at kung gaano niya ako mahal.

I lived my life as the worthless girl who keeps on running away from her death. Trying to chase the light from the darkness.

"Are you ready?" Tumango ako kay Xiara.

Unti unti ay bumukas ang dalawa at naglalakihang mga pinto. Bumungad sa akin ang mga pamilyar na mukha na madalas kong makita sa tagong lugar na pagmamay ari ni Carver. They're all looking at me in astonishment, i can see the genuine smiles plastered on their bright faces as i started to walk on the red carpet on the aisle. Humigpit ang pagkakahawak ko sa hawak ko.

Mom are you watching me right now?

I made it Ma, I full filled your dream for me. I know you are watching me from above.  You said I should never let anyone tell me who i was going to love and i did Ma. I chose the man i will live with for the rest of my life.

"Tilly baby, love is not free. It has a high price to pay. Love wasn't a gift honey, it was a fight, a war that you should always be prepared of."

At the end of the aisle i saw him, perfectly standing with his eyes pierced on me. Muling lumabo ang paningin ko dahil sa mga luhang nagbabadyang tumulo. I never felt this kind of happiness since i was young, I can't still believe everything. If this is only a dream i will never want to wake up again.

I remember the first time i look in those pair of deep dark eyes. The eyes that full of coldness who captivated me and couldn't gave me the chance to escape anymore.

When he looked at me it was as if every ounce of breath was taken from my lungs. It gaves me a different air to breathe in. Every time he kissed me it felt like the world stopped, leaving just the two of us to wander the earth together. Every time he held my face between his hands it felt like he was untying all of my knots. When he hold me on his arms i felt that i was in the most secure place in the world. He helps me escape the undying misery in my world, he helps me run without getting tired from the chase I've been running for my entire life.

So this is what falling in love was like, a story you never wanted to end. For so long I had longed for it, and now I can't bare to lose it because losing this thing will makes me feel so incomplete. I found the love i was yearning for and that man is right there waiting for me at the end of the aisle.

I know after surviving that incident, Kaiter will never let go of me. He found me as Carver's weakness point and he will never stop using me to hurt him and put him in danger.

My heart almost melt when i saw a smile on his face when he reaches my hand.

"You look unbelievably gorgeous in your dress baby, i think i'm falling over and over again." He whispered in my ears as we both face the altar. I squeezes his hand for him to look infront. Natatawang inalis naman niya ang titig niya sa akin at humarap sa unahan.

A war is coming and I've been preparing myself for it.

The chase of death will continue but this time i will not be alone, i will have Carver Kane Noir by my side and we will face the death together as one.

-END-