[05]

[Chapter 05]

Third Person's

All the people in the house saw how Tara broke down in tears. They all feel her agony on the way she sobs. Mariele and Matilda was also shocked. Nakasama na nila ito at hindi nila inakalang may ganitong side ang dalaga. She used to have those expressionless eyes, but now all they can see is fear and pain on her beautiful mesmerising green eyes.

Minutes has passed and her sobs weakened until they can no longer hear her. All their eyes was glued on their boss, their gaze landed on Tara who is now fully unconscious on his arm.

"Eat and go home." They all nodded, no words tried to come out from every single one of them. They just silently watch him take the steps to the stairs. Nang mawala na ito sa kanilang paningin ay pare pareho silang nagtinginan.

"Is that the girl you're talking about?" The eyes of Xiara are now staring at the man infront of her. Niall shrugged and picked up the utensils.

"Yea, i think so." He said as he scoop the rice using the serving's  spoon.

"You mean the twenty million girl?" Adrham said. Niall just nodded and started to eat his dinner.

"Why would he spend so much money on her?" Nemesis was staring blankly at her plate.

"We all know him, he won't spend even a single coin to something worthless." Saad ni Denson na nagpaisip sa kanilang lahat.

"She's too gorgeous to be worthless Den, she has something that the girls from Carver's past relationships doesn't have." Nemesis stated making all her comrades look at her with their lips half parted.

She sigh as she realized how stupid their reaction was, "I mean his sex buddies from different organizations."

"They all have the same normal color of eyes." Adrham said.

Xiara agreed, "You are right."

"No, it's not just the color of their eyes." Xiara frowned from what Nemesis said.

"Eh ano bang ibig sabihin mo?"

Nemesis suddenly smirked, "They're all daughters of a high ranking organizations."

"Perfectly!" Adrham said and gave Nemesis a wink.

Napangiwi naman ang iba dahil akala nila ay kung ano na ito. Muli ay nagsalita si Nemesis, "But i don't think this girl with green eyes were just a simple auction girl."

"Your point?" Niall asked.

"I—uhh nevermind, maybe what i was thinking was wrong."

"Yea maybe, because as we saw she's too fragile." Xiara uttered. They all agree at once.

"Come on cut about Hugo's lovelife, let's just eat." They all frowned at Niall. He rolled his eyes on them and continue eating his meal.

•••

THE MORNING comes and Tara was awakened by the sound of birds chirping at the glass window. She opened her eyes and her hand automatically held her forehead.

"Goodmorning." Her gaze look for the voice, she saw Carver standing and leaning his back on the wall. His both hands are inside the pocket of his black pants. His wearing a white longsleeve polo, where he rolled up to his elbow both of its sleeve.

She sat up from the bed and meet his eyes. The anger on his eyes are no longer visible, she can't read his eyes anymore. It's expressionless. His voice is also flat, holding no emotion behind it.

"Goodmorning." Tara calmly said. He walk towards the bed and seat silently beside her.

"Are you tense?" He asked and she slowly nodded. She can feel her fear crawling into herself again. She was a bit surprise when his hand reached hers and she felt the warmth embracing her hand.

"I want you to calm down." His eyes are staring directly at her. Tara can't stop herself but to look away.

"Look at me." He commanded. Tara let out a sigh and obeyed his command.

"Don't be scared, no one's gonna hurt you here." His piercing eyes became soft.

"I won't hurt you." He said and his word embraced Tara's heart. She can feel the sincerity that she never felt before. He was the only one who told her that no one's gonna hurt her.

"I-i don't know s-sir." No matter how warm his words, Tara can't make herself trust him so easily. Her walls was keeping her to doubt on everything.

"I want you to trust me, as long as you're with me. I promise that you'll be safe." His words suddenly manage to easily broke the wall that Tara has been building for a very long time. She didn't expect this from the man who bought her for  millions. She was betrayed by everyone in her whole life. She never gave her trust to anyone, But this man infront of her easily earned it with his warm and soft words.

"Y-you promised?" She whispered with her shaking and cracking voice. A little smile curves on his face as he nodded. Tears began to fall on her cheeks as her head began to nod continuously.

"I-i will trust you." Her eyes landed on the sheet and let out her cries. His hand are still holding hers as her shoulders began to shake.

Tara thought that this is the time. The time to risk her life. She knows that if she gave her trust to this man, it means her life will also put in danger. Like how she experienced from the past.

But she's too tired to runaway, she wanted a home. A permanent home where she doesn't need to run anymore. Where she can trust everyone without a doubt. She wanted to stop running from the monsters. She wanted a new life and deep in her heart she was hoping that she found that home she was longing in this man beside her.

This might be the home she was longing for.

"You don't have to forced yourself to adjust that fast, i won't force you to accept everything overnight." With tears on her eyes, Tara smiled. Hugo saw how the tears keep on falling through her eyes with genuine happiness peeping in her eyes.

"T-thank you, thank sir."

"It's Carver." Saglit na natigilan si Tara nang ang lalaking si Hugo mismo ang siyang nagpunas ng mga luhang tumutulo mula sa kanyang mga mata.

'This man, he has something that i never saw on anyone before.'

_______________________________________

Kimonokun