[34]

[Chapter 34]

Matilda sighs. "His top priority is to get his sister back."

"Where did they take her?"

"No one knows. No one from us know her, Carver never told us her identity." She stands up and went towards the fridge. She take the milk out.

"Go and take this to him. He told me to bring him a glass of milk after an hour." Saad niya na ikinagulat ko. Why me? I'm still embarrassed of the way i acted earlier.

"Y-you should—"

"I don't want to, he will scold me for telling you everything." She gave me a warm smile. Nagbuntong hininga na lamang ako at kinuha ang baso. This might be a time to apologise for what i did. Masyado akong nabalot ng lungkot kanina at hindi ko sinasadyang umakto ng ganon sa harapan niya. I know he just wanted to help me but all i did was to judge his perspective.

"If you're hungry just come down and i will heat the dish for you." Pahabol pa ni Matilda bago ako tuluyang makaakyat.

Tahimik kong tinahak ang pinaka dulong bahagi ng pasilyo kung nasaan ang malaking double door. His room was the masters bedroom and i never enter that room since i lived in this house. I'm feeling a little nervous. I take a deep breath before i widely open the door—my eyes widened when i met his eyes. I didn't enter the room instead i immediately close it. I forgot to knock! How disrespectful of me!

I take a deep breath again and knock for atlease three times. I open the door and inserted my head in the small space in the door. I showed him the glass of milk in my hand. There's a lot of books on his bed, he's holding an electronic tablet on his right hand and a pen on his left. He's wearing a white cotton shirt and a black pajama. His glasses perfectly suit on him.

"Did you just knock after widely opening the door?" He said that makes me more embarrass. I filled my mouth with air and sigh.

"Can i come in?" He removed his eye glasses and placed the tablet beside him. I take that as a yes. Halos napatulala ako sa kwarto niya ng makapasok ako.

Triple ata ang laki nito sa kwarto ko. His room doesn't have a huge television infront of the bed instead a huge bookshelf was perfectly placed on the wall.

"You love books." I said as i slowly walk towards him.

"Think i do." He said when i handle him the glass of milk. I placed my hands on my back as my eyes crawled in the books on his bed.

"What is that about?" He look at the books.

"Business." Lumipat sa kanya ang tingin ko ng simulan niyang inumin ang gatas.

I didn't mean to look at him. I saw how his adams appled moved as he gulp the milk. Para bang biglang nanuyot ang labi ko—what?! Mabilis akong umiling at inilipat ang tingin ulit sa mga libro. How can he look so good for just drinking a glass of milk?

"Y-you have business?" Paglilihis ko sa tanong sa utak ko. Inilapag niya sa side table ng kama ang basong may kalahati pang gatas ang laman.

"I do."

"What business?" He stared at me for about 30 seconds before he answered.

"Car company." He shifted his eyes on the books on his bed. Isa isa niya itong isinara. Matilda didn't told that he has a business—ofcourse he do Tara. Where do you think he get those millions?

Muli siyang bumaling sa akin. I was looking at him and he gave me a look too. A 'what are you still doing here' look. Bigla akong nataranta at napatikom. Ganun na ba ako katagal na nakatitig sa kanya?

"I also want to apologise." I said. Tumaas ang kilay niya at binigyan ako ng nagtatanong na tingin. Nakababa sa sahig ang isang paa niya habang ang isa naman ay nananatili sa kama.

"F-for w-what i did earlier." I badly wanted to pinch myself for stuttering.

"What did you do?" Nakataas ang isang kilay na tanong niya. Is he teasing me?

"Y-yung kanina." I look away.

"How can i forgive you on something i don't know?" I sigh.

"The way i acted and the things i told you. I'm sorry, i know you care about her too." I look down. I feel so bad for saying those words to him. I didn't even know what he feels and i accuses him of being a selfish which it shows that i was really the selfish one.

"Are you okay now?" I gave him a questioning look.

"What?"

"I'm asking you if you're okay." Hindi agad ako nakapagsalita. Why is he asking me?

"I-I'm okay." I said but i know I'm really not. Tumango ito at mukang nakuha ang gustong sagot. Muli siyang bumaling sa pag liligpit ng mga libro niya.

"What about you?" Natigilan ito sa pag aayos ng magtanong ako. He's asking me if I'm okay but what about him? Has anyone tried to asked him about what he feels?

"I'm asking you if you're okay." Paggaya ko sa sinabi niya kanina. Tumingin siya sa akin at hindi ako sinagot. Nakagat ko ang loob na bahagi ng labi ko dahil sa pagtitig niya. It's like he's studying me.

"W-why do you have to stare like that?" Napakamot ako sa batok ko kahit na hindi naman ito makati.

"Why? How am i staring?" Kumunot ang noo ko at napailing na lamang.

"Are you planning to sleep here?" He casually said na para bang okay lang sakanya kung sabihin ko mang oo. "With me?"

"Ofcourse not! L-lalabas na ko." I turned around and about to walk towards the door.

"Hey wait." Kumunot ang noo ko. Didn't he know my name? Binuksan niya ang drawer sa side table ng kama niya at may kinuha doon. A newspaper?

"Take a read at this when you got out." Tiningnan ko ang dyaryo at lumipat ang tingin ko sa kanya. I filled my mouth with air, making my cheeks bigger. Kinuha ko ang dyaryo at lumabas na ng kwarto. I let out the air in my mouth causing a little pop sound.

Binuklat ko ang dyaryo habang naglalakad patungo sa kwarto ko. Ang malaking headline agad ng balita ang pumukaw sa paningin ko.

Son of the city governor Raul Evangelista got arrested for a multiple rape case!

Caleb Evangelista the son of city governor will finally rott in jail for a multiple rape case. He was sentenced for a lifetime prisonment along with his friend Cassidy Mentañes who was allegedly doing a drug transaction to the most wanted drug syndicate in the town of saavedra. Multiple women also file a case to the young lady of Mentañes Incorporation for being a subordinate of Caleb Evangelista. On the other hand Tremor Santiago the son of a wealthy businessman of Santiago corporations died on his way to prison. Our cooperative are still investigating the said event—

My eyes are filled in tears. Those monsters got what they deserved. I mean being rott in jail, not what happened to Tremor. I think death is too much for a guy like him—but what if he successfully did what he tried to do with me to other innocent girls? He deserved that!

Caleb told me before that no one would dare to arrest him—but here he is. Rotting in jail. Pero ang iniisip ko ngayon ay kung papaano. Did Carver read this article and wanted me to read it to tell me the good news or he wanted—he didn't do what i'm thinking right?

"You can't sue me. I'm the governor's son and no one will dare to arrest me also my friends."

Carver was the only one in my mind who has the power to do that. Nilingon ko ang pintuan ng kwarto niya. Did he do this for me? Did he put Caleb and Cassidy in jail? Did he kill Tremor? Even if i know that killing Tremor is too much and it's inhuman i still wanted to thank him. Nabawasan kahit papaano ang bigat sa kalooban ko.

If he was really the one behind of all this then i can't believe it. I didn't expect him to do this for me, i never expect to give my full trust to someone who i just found out that kills people without mercy and the most unexpected thing was this unfamiliar feelings slowly growing inside of me.

____________________________________________

Kimonokun