9

I made it to my room and let out a groan as I plopped down on my bed and laid my head on my pillow. I covered my face and closed my eyes. I heard my door open and let out a sigh as I set up and saw Worf.

"Wanna talk?" He asked calmly.

"No." I said angrily.

He plopped down on my bed and I let out a sigh.

"She forced me to leave Vulcan."

"Who did?" He asked softly.

"My mother... after I declined the Vulcan academy she forced me to either apologize or leave." I explained.

"And you left."

"Yea... I sometimes wonder if I was wrong." I said softly.

"You weren't. Had you not left... we would of never met." He said softly.

I sent him a small smile and he cleared his throat.

"I should go-"

"Worf.... thank you." I said softly.

"You're welcome." He said softly.

I heard a knock on my door and let out a sigh.

"Come in!" I called.

"Dinner is ready." Deanna said softly.

"I'll be there in a few." I said softly.

"Bring Worf." She said with a smirk.

I let out a laugh as Worf shook his head.

"Come on, I need someone to stop me from going insane." I said as I stood up.

I held my hand out and he took it and sent me a frown.

"How do you think they will feel about you being friends with a Klingon?"

"I don't really care how they feel, they don't really have much space to judge me, now do they?" I asked with a smile.

He shook his head no and we left to meet up with everyone. I felt my heart stop upon seeing my mother talking to Deanna and Picard.

"Maria! Come here." Riker yelled.

I silently thanked him and walked towards him with Worf. We talked for awhile before I heard a voice call my name. I internally groaned when I saw my aunt motioning me over. I dragged Worf with me and he sent me a look.

"If I'm forced to go, you are forced to go." I whispered.

We made it to them and Picard sent me a smile.

"And who is this?" My aunt asked softly.

"Lieutenant Commander Worf, son of Mogh. I am... Maria's friend." He said calmly.

"Dear, I can read minds. You are more then a friend. I must say you found a strong one... I'm jealous." She said with a laugh.

"Mother." Deanna said sternly.

"What, it's true. And he isn't to bad on the eyes... for a Klingon." She said calmly.

"I think he is quiet handsome. Handsomer then most of the men on Betazed or Vulcan. And yes we are just friends." I said calmly.

"Dear this man has you constantly on his mind, not to mention you have him on your mind as well. You both are clearly in love with the other, but one of you has a stick up his ass."

"Mother!"

I saw a smile appear on Picard's face as he took a sip of his drink.

"No, we have simply both agreed that due to our duties we don't wish to seek out a relationship. Now why did you call me over here? It wasn't to question me about my love life I hope." I said softly.

"I thought you would love to see your parents." She said with a smile.

"Of course you did." I said with a frown.

"How have you been?" A voice asked softly.

"I've been fine, mother." I said as I turned to look at her

"I heard you are now a Commander." She said softly.

"Yes, I ranked up a year ago, which you would know if you read my letters." I said sternly.

"I haven't had time."

"Of course not, because being an Ambassador's wife is a hard job." I said calmly.

"It is." She said with a frown.

"Yes, because who wants to stand and look pretty."

"That is not all that I-"

"Don't lie, I am surprised that father isn't here. You're normally stuck up his ass."

"Maria! Your mother had come to make peace with you. After abandoning your family you would think that-"

"I abandoned my family? So that's what you told auntie... I wonder did you say the same lie to father?" I asked with a frown.

"You did abandon us! I gave you a choice, Vulcan or leave. You left."

"I left because I hated Vulcan! I still do. I hate everything about it."

"So you hate your father?"

"Yes and I hate you. I'm sorry Deanna, but I can't make it your wedding." I said as I turned and left the room.

I made it to my room and let out a sigh as I plopped down on my bed. I heard a knock on my door and looked up to see the Captain.

"Want to talk?" He asked softly.

"I like feeling." I said softly.

"Who doesn't?" He asked as he sent beside me on the bed.

"Vulcans. They think it makes them weak.... but it doesn't. It makes people stronger." I said softly.

"That we can agree on." He said as he sent me a smile.

"Has my father arrived yet?" I asked as I pulled my knees to my chest.

"He just arrived.. your mother and Deanna went to greet him with your aunt. He wishes to watch us work." He said calmly.

"Can I quit?" I asked with a small laugh.

"Then I would lose one of the best Commanders on this ship.... and I can not deal with Riker and Data without you." He said with a chuckle.

"You totally could, but fine let's go, old man." I said as I stood up.

"There's my girl." He said as he stood up.

"Sometimes I strongly dislike you Captain."

"I love you too."

I let out a chuckle and allowed him to lead me to the bridge.