22

I set in front of Sisko and let out a sigh as we looked over reports. I heard the doorbell and turned to see Odo walk in.

"Commander, I have a problem." Odo said as he walked in.

"Quark again?" Sisko asked calmly.

"No, sir, this one's named Lwaxana."

"Lwaxana Troi the Ambassador?"

"That's her. There was a minor incident at the bar that I helped her with, and now she's grateful."

"What's the problem?" Sisko asked as I kept reading.

"The manner in which she expresses her gratitude. To be honest, Commander, she seems interested in me."

I covered my mouth and held back a laugh.

"What's wrong with that?" Sisko asked with a smirk.

"She's extremely aggressive." Odo said with a frown.

"I see. So, she's after you."

"Like a Wanoni tracehound."

"Have you thought of letting her catch you?"

"I wouldn't if I was you. That woman doesn't let go." I said looking at Odo.

"I have no plans on allowing her to catch me... besides I have more pressing things to worry about."

"I'll talk to her, Constable." I said softly.

"Thank you, and after you are finished talking to her... we need to have a discussion." He said as he turned and left the room.

I let out a sigh and put the reports down.

"If you will excuse me, I have to talk to my aunt." I said as I stood up.

I went to find her but couldn't.

"Computer, where is Lwaxana Troi?"

"With Constable Odo trapped in an elevator."

"You have to be kidding me." I said as I rubbed my eyes.

After a couple of hours they came out of the elevator and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Maria! Me and Odo just had a wonderful conversation about you." She said as she walked up to me.

"You did?" I asked shocked.

"Yes, and now I think you should have a conversation with him." She said as she sent me a wink.

"I guess I should." I said as she walked away.

I let out a sigh as I followed Odo to his office.

"Would you like some tea?" He asked softly.

"I'm fine. could you stop pacing?" I asked softly.

He nodded his head and turned to look at me.

"Odo, I-"

"I care about you... and I believe.. that I might... love you." He said cutting me off.

I looked up at him shocked and he held his breath.

"You... love me?"

"Yes, I have.. I think since I met you. I didn't know what it was at first, but then I spoke to your aunt and she helped me understand... that I don't want to continue without you by my side." Odo said as he walked up to me.

"Odo, I'm sorry, but I'm with Julian." I said as I looked up at him.

"Maria.."

He moved to gently touch my cheek but I backed away. I could feel the tears welling up, but I held them back.

"I wish I could, god I wish I could be with you, but that would be unfair to Julian." I said softly.

"And what about me?" He asked as I backed away from him.

"I'm sorry, but I can't." I said as I turned and quickly walked out of his office.

I felt tears stream down my face as I walked to my quarters. Upon arriving I saw Julian, I smiled softly and held my breath.

"Maria, can we talk?" Julian asked softly.

"Of course." I said as I opened the door to my room.

He followed me inside and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I lied to you." He said softly.

"About?"

"I'm still in love with Dax. I thought I was over her, but I realized that I'm not and that isn't fair to you."

"Julian, I understand." I said softly.

"I know you do."

I looked away and he let out a sigh.

"Is it Odo?" He asked softly.

"Yes, but I love you too."

"But who do you imagine a life with?" He asked.

I knew that he already knew the answer, but I knew he wanted me to say it.

"Odo."

I stopped talking and looked away.

"Maria, don't let me stop you from being with the one you truly love." He said softly.

I nodded my head and he sent me a smile.

"No matter what you will always be my best friend.. now do me a favor and go tell Odo you love him." He said with a smile.

I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you." I whispered before pulling away and running out of the room.

I ran through the station and made my way to Odo's office. I opened the door to see Odo at his desk.

"I'm busy, come back later." He said not looking up.

"I love you." I said quickly.

I felt tears stream down my face and he looked up at me.

"I love you and the I know I probably already screwed everything up-"

I was cut off by Odo grabbing me and pulling me into a deep and passionate kiss. I let out a sigh of relief and pulled him closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. He soon pulled away and looked down at me.

"What about-"

"We agreed to just be friends." I said as I gently touched his face.

He smiled softly and pulled me into a hug. I let out a sigh and laid my head on his chest.