1. The end of the beginning

A book about heartbreaks, mistakes, adulting, friends, regrets and finding each other again.

_______

It's raining outside, the cloudy weather matching with Jungkook's gloomy mood. It feels like a rock has settled in Jungkook's heart, hard and heavy. He takes one more glance outside from the car's window and then looks at the man sitting beside him in the driver seat.

The man looks handsome but the rock in Jungkook's heart just gains more weight, crushing his insides.

Minsun is a beautiful man, just in his nineteens, same as the age as Jungkook. He looks like he could model for brands but he is not Taehyung. He could never be Taehyung. Jungkook knows that too.

"Just stop by the corner of the street, I'll go home by myself," Jungkook says, fake innocence displaying on his face.

"You sure? I mean it's raining quite a lot today," Minsun says, a bit concerned and confused as to why Jungkook always asks him to stop on the corner of the street.

Minsun and Jungkook have been spending a lot of time together. It's normally always Jungkook who calls him for quick drinks and hookups. It's not like Minsun minds it anyway, they are in their nineteens and hookups are popular and convenient at this age plus Jungkook is hot and it's easy sex, so who would say no it?

Minsun pulls up his car just where Jungkook asked him to and a heavy sigh escapes from Jungkook. Just when Jungkook is about to get out of the car Minsun grabs his wrist and pulls him to lean in, "Will I not get a thank you kiss?" There's mischief in Minsun's eyes when he says that and Jungkook just smiles leaning in to kiss him. What is just meant to be a peck converts into a car makeout session and just like always Jungkook's mind goes back to Taehyung and he thinks of Taehyung when he kisses Minsun back.

It's fucked up Jungkook knows that. It's cheating Jungkook knows that too. But he doesn't do anything and kisses Minsun back.

After a final peck to Minsun's plum lips, Jungkook waves goodbye to him and shuts the car door behind him to make a rush to his and Taehyung's apartment.

This has become a thing for Jungkook from almost the past month. Taehyung is never around much, always leaving early in the morning and coming home back late. It comes in handy for Jungkook to sneak out and fool around with Minsun or just by himself to find random sex.

Jungkook is kind of sure that Taehyung won't be home, that's why he is surprised when he sees the apartment door unlocked. Jungkook almost second guesses that someone broke in or something but Taehyung is standing by the kitchen counter, a can of soda in his hand, sipping the drink from a straw. He looks so hot and intimidating that Jungkook feels weak in his knees and he uses the wall for some support.

Jungkook quickly removes his shoes and makes his way towards Taehyung to peck him on his cheek. A sweet gesture that comes out of habit, but what also habit is, for Taehyung to grab his waist and kiss Jungkook on lips but that doesn't come, instead Taehyung just looks so stiff and closed off that Jungkook just stares at him dumbly.

"Where were you?" Taehyung asks, uncaring, nonchalant. It makes wires in Jungkook's head to short circuit.

"I was just hanging out with my coworkers, went for some drinks and all." Jungkook says it in such a tone that he makes it sound like it is a daily routine for him. It isn't.

"Who is he? you think I'm dumb Jungkook, that you will fool around behind my back and I'll never find out? huh?"

                           -----------

yo! it's my first time publishing my drafts and i still feel so dumb publishing it so let me know if you like it

also warning!!
this book has mentions of cheating i mean if you have read it till here you might have figured it out so if it triggers you idk be aware??

Edit- I'm aware of the fact that i chose a sensitive topic but if you give this book some time you'll realize that I'm no where making cheating look acceptable or just okay in general.

also I'm a switch taekook enthusiast
so expect some smut.

I'll go now