Prologue

Some parents wants only the best for their children. They want them to be the best of the best. They want them to be happy, shower them with everything they could. And there's this one thing every parents really want their children to do before they die.

Get married.

And that was exactly what Lisa's parents wanted. Lisa had it all. She had a perfect job, a perfect life, fame, money, yet she was single. Everytime her mother pairs her up with her mother's friend's daughters, she would end up rejecting them. Oh yeah, Lisa wasn't straight. It was very hard when she newly started her career, but seeing how much support her family and her fans gave her, she became the confident woman she is now.

She was never the one to commit, thinking of it as one distraction. Her parent's knew her reason is a total bullshit, and they were also worried about their daughter's reputation, knowing that she always fools around.

"Lis, darling did you know that blind dates are--"

"Mom, I swear to god, stop doing this. I'm not going to a blind date." Lisa said as she closes the door of her office and looks at her mother, who was frowning as much as she was.

"But what if I die before I actually get to see you marry someone?" Her mother said as she tilts her head slightly making Lisa groan out loud. She pushes one hand down her face.

"You won't die before I even have children, okay? I promise you. You should also stop searching "the one" for me just because I'm a lesbian and you're scared no one likes me." Lisa used air quotes.

It's partly true - what Lisa just said - but she wasn't scared that her daughter might not get any partner who's just like her, she was scared that Lisa might bring back a hard rock girl with dark eyeshadow as if someone just punch her.

Hell no.

Maria sighed loudly and stood up. If Lisa doesn't listen to her, she'll do it for her. She gave Lisa a hug and walked away, finally letting Lisa breathe. Her mom surely have been breathing down her neck for years.

◇◇◇

"Okay! Smile some more, 1 2!"

Click~

Lisa looks at the camera before she gave a wink to the model - who bit her lip - before walking to the changing room.

"Evelyn! Can you take my camera to my office please, thank you. Okay everyone! Our photoshoot ends here, thank you for you hard work!" She dismissed everyone.

Lisa looked around to make sure no employees was left and quickly locked the main door before walking to the changing room.

The blonde model strolled towards Lisa and welcomed her with a bruising kiss, both chuckling. "You surely are a hot catch, Rosé." Lisa sighed, looking at her best friend with a smile.

Rosé is Lisa's best friend, and her fuck buddy. It all just happened after one night where both of them were desperate and vulnerable. At the time where Lisa finally came out to her parents, and they didn't take it well, and Lisa went over to Rosé, who just got fired from her shitty barista job.

They were 17.

"I tried that tiramisu recipe you gave me, you wanna come to my house for it?" Rosé asked as she picks up her things. Lisa's eyes shined at the mention of tiramisu, she tried making it last time - which went horribly bad - so she nodded.

They both talked about random stuff as they walks to Rosie's apartment not so far from the studio.

"Damn neat freak! I can't believe you actually clean this big house by yourself." Rosé snorts, "Do you want the tiramisu or not?"

Lisa jumped slightly to sit on the kitchen isle and pulled Rosé by her jeans loop, "What if I want you?" Rosé smirked but slapped the photographer's hand away. "You pervert. Don't even think about it." She shoved a plate of the tiramisu instead.

As soon as she takes a bite, she felt euphoria shot right through her. "So good." Rosé was satisfied with her friend's reaction. Totally worth her tempts.

"This is w--"

Lisa's phone rings. She puts down her plate and read the message. "God what is my mom up to now?" She sighed, "I need to go. See you tomorrow?" Rosé nodded.

"Wait, I'll give you the tiramisu for your mom."

◇◇◇

Lisa saw her mother with another, two women sitting in the living room. One of them looked around her age, so the other one must be the mother.

"Hey mom," she smiled to the other two women, "You called me?"

"Yeah, sit down." Lisa took off her coat and sat beside her mother. She observes the surroundings before saying. "Rosé gave me some tiramisu, here." Maria smiled and mouthed thank you before putting it aside.

"So what's this about?" Lisa asked again. The two older girls locked eyes, a big smile plastered on their faces. "This is Mrs. Kim, and that's her daughter, Jennie." Lisa bowed slightly to the older and gave a friendly smile to Jennie.

She scooted closer to her mother and whispered, "I'm not going to date Jennie."

"Oh sweetie, yes you are." Mrs. Kim spit back, in the most innocent voice, making Lisa frown for the slightest second before giving a forced smile. This is starting to be suffocating.

She turns toward the other elder, "Mrs. Kim, with all due respect, I'm not someone who can date your daughter. We don't even know each other." Lisa defended on her behalf but the two ladies didn't seem to buy it, while Jennie scoffed.

"That's why we decided that you two are going to live together, for a whole month, warm-up with each other. Then if you two still don't like each other, we'll stop disturbing you both." said Maria.

Lisa gasped in disbelief. Her mother is totally out of her mind.

"You're not gonna make me do this seriously, are you?" Lisa hoped.

But Maria pulled out a paper sheet that had a promise, making Lisa frown very deeply.

"Whole life or a month, Lisa."