Chapter Twenty-One~ This is Home

Two weeks later

Virgil was wandering around the cat's kennel area with his large blue cast on his back right leg. The humans wanted him to exercise his legs as much as he could to keep himself fit. In the two weeks he was kept at the vet's office the small fracture on his left leg had healed quickly while the one on his right leg needed surgery to fix since his femur had snapped and moved. The surgery was a success and he would be in tip-top shape in about four to six weeks. Thomas was coming to pick him up that day and take him home after waiting for two weeks. The vets wanted to make sure Virgil was healing right and he was therefore he's going home today. After being away from his family for nearly three weeks we was going home.

He was excited to say the least when the human looking after him picked him up and carried him out. Virgil was then put in a carrier and handed to Thomas who thanked the doctor multiple times. They went to Thomas's car and start home, Thomas happily chatting to the cat while Virgil just meowed.

They arrived home where Thomas released Virgil from the carrier. The black cat wobbled out onto the couch where he saw a familiar black cat curled up in a ball as if waiting for him.

"Hey Logan," he purred softly.

Logan's head popped up and he looked around for the caller.

"Virgil!" he said, pushing himself to his paws.

He walked over and looked at the blue cast around his right leg.

"Virgil when I said fracture a femur I didn't mean it literally," Logan deadpanned.

Virgil giggled before sighing.

"I've missed you all," he purred.

"Yeah, we've missed you too. Janus didn't sleep for three days and we had to get Remus to sit on him so he would rest," Logan recalled.

Virgil smiled then heard what seemed to be thundering paws steps.

"VIRGIL!!!"

"Oh shit."

The drawing on the top is Virgil and just look at our boi. Snapped his femur, but taking it like a champ.