Chapter Thirty-Seven~ Skitter Skitter

A request by Jadafang

Story is prior to Nico and Loki's birth and the introduction of Knight, Marble, and Shell

The creativitwins were just goofing around as always, playing on the kitchen counter and enjoying the water slide they had created by spilling Thomas' discarded cup of water he left on the counter top. Thomas was out for a while so they had free rein of the house and could make as much of a mess as they pleased.

So far Remus, Roman, Patton, and, surprisingly, Janus, had all fallen off the counter and splatted on the floor. The only reason Virgil hadn't fallen was that he had taken a perch on the fridge and just watched group continuously slip and fall. Logan hadn't been notified of the activity which, in hindsight, wasn't the brightest idea since it's what caused an embarrassing moment on Logan's part.

The intelligent tom saw Virgil on the fridge and, deducing that's across the counter as the quickest way to him, leaped over only for his paws to slip out from under him in four different directions. He yelped as he slid across the short counter and landed with a thump in the ground below.

"Logan! Are you okay?" Virgil gasped, leaping down from the fridge and sliding over to his friend (the floor was wet, therefore, slippery).

"Just fine Virgil. It was only a minor fall, though I do question the safety of this. . . activity, the twins have created," said Logan while scrambling to his paws.

"You're telling me. Why do you think I was up on the fridge? It's safe there," giggled Virgil.

"Then I hope you don't mind me joining you," Logan said, finally regaining his footing.

"Not at all," Virgil flashed him a smile and the two jumped up to the fridge, continuing to watch the twins slip on their slide.

The meme up there was made by me. Not the template, just the words