Hidden Treasures

Cyn sat on the edge of the pier and looked down at her dangling sand covered feet. The warm salt ladened breeze against her face felt divine. A shirtless Brandon sat down beside her and offered her the blunt he was smoking.

  "I'm good." She declined and gently pushed his hand away.

  Brandon shrugged and put it back in his mouth. They drove for hours to get to this beach and he was exhausted since he did most of the driving but it was worth it. They had the shore to themselves and the weather was perfect.

  Cyn and Brandon quietly watched Natalie and Andre play in the water. Nat's screams pierced the air as Dre threatened to throw her under the waves. They laughed as they looked on at the scene below.

  "This was a good idea." Brandon said as he ashed the blunt in his hand.

  "Whose idea was it?"

  He smiled like a mischievous child. "Mine."

  Cyn giggled and laid back on the pier, her arms above her head. She closed her eyes and sighed. "It was a great idea."

  Brandon copied his friend and laid back too. He smiled at his own genius. "Yeah."

  "B! Help me!" Dre yelled out. "Brandon!!"

  He sat up immediately and looked down at his boyfriend. Hopefully he wasn't drowning. He was too high for that. Much to Brandon's relief it was just Nat taking revenge on him.

  "Don't just watch!" Dre laughed as he fought off Natalie's playful attack. "Get in here!"

  Brandon laughed and looked at Cyn. "Gotta go save my damsel in distress."

  She laughed and watched as he jumped from the pier into the water below. While she was alone she figured she should call her lovers. They exchanged texts but it was unusual for her to go this long without hearing their voice. She didn't like it and she missed them. Cyn was trying her best not to look like a big baby in front of her friends so she tried to stay off of the phone while they were around. She decided to FaceTime them.

  "Hello?" Delilah smiled as she answered. She was happy to see Cyn's face.

  "Hi, Daddy. Is Mommy around?" She asked.

  "She's right here." Delilah turned the phone so Cyn could see Emma too.

  "Hi, sweets!"

  Cyn smiled. "Hi! I miss you guys."

  "We miss you too, baby." Emma said.

  "Are you having fun?" Delilah asked.

  "I'm having so much fun. We found this secluded beach. It's so cool." Cyn flipped the camera so she could show them the little paradise they stumbled across. She also showed them her friends frolicking in the water.

  "Where's Nathaniel?" Delilah asked. "That's Natalie's boyfriend's name right?"

  "Yeah but they broke up. She found out he cheated on her." Cyn chewed on the ends of her hair.

  "That sucks." Delilah said.

  "Yeah so hopefully this little trip will help cheer her up."

  "You're a good friend, sweetie." Emma laid her head on Delilah's shoulder.

  Cyn wished she could somehow be two places at once. "Kiss."

  Delilah and Emma both laughed. "What?" Delilah asked.

  "Kiss Mommy." Cyn giggled.

  "You're a little perv." Emma said. She sat up and looked at her watch then looked at Delilah. "You should start getting ready now since you take forever."