Story Time

It was a regular lazy Sunday at the Daniels-Evans- Copes home. No one had moved from their spot on the bed outside of brushing their teeth or getting food and bringing it back to their cocoon of blankets and pillow. None of them attempted to change out of their pajamas. Not even Delilah. Cyn was hanging half way off of the bed watching one of her movies upside down. Delilah was reading and Emma was scrolling the social media and eating yogurt. Someone rang the doorbell. Since Emma moved in she had teched out the entire house. There were smart features and cameras everywhere now. When someone triggered the motion sensors or rang the doorbell it sent an alert to all of their phones. Since Emma was already on hers, she checked. It was Dani. She unlocked the door with her phone. Moments later, Daniella was standing in their bedroom.

  "Oh god. I was hoping you guys were doing this." She was in her pajamas too. She climbed right into bed with them. She snuggled between Delilah and Emma. Cyn smiled at their newest member. She crawled up and laid on Dani's legs.

  "Oh no. Come right on in, Dani. Make yourself at home." Emma said sarcastically.

  "Thanks, suga." She tried to kiss Emma's cheek but the blonde mushed her face.

  "Where is my brother?" Delilah asked as she flipped the page.

  "Off fighting crime."

  "More like creating crime." Emma mumbled.

  Daniella sighed. "You're probably right." When Miguel first met Dani, he told her he was an accountant for Delilah. It was a white lie for a passing interest. He didn't think he and Dani would last. There was no need to get too personal. When he realized he wanted her around to stay for a while, he told her the half truth. He was Delilah's bodyguard. He was but that wasn't all he did. He finally came clean and told her everything. She wasn't sure what to make of it at first but she was already in love with him. Maybe she was crazy but he didn't seem like the bad guy in the stories he told. He never hurt anyone just for the sake of hurting them. He always had a reason. Miguel always treated her like gold. She was conflicted but she stayed. Staying felt better than the alternative.

"Miguel keeps Daddy safe. He's not a criminal!" Cyn shouted.

"Cyn." Delilah and Emma said at the same time.

"Sowwy! No shouting."

Dani chuckled and tickled her tummy. Cyn giggled and squirmed against her.

"What are Isabella and her new boy toy up to today?" Daniella asked.

Delilah shrugged. "I'm not sure. She didn't say."

  "He's cool though, right? We all agree that he's nice?" Dani asked.

  Delilah nodded.

  "Yes! I love Lucas!" Cyn said.

  "He's nice." Emma added as she typed something on her phone.

  "Okay. What I really want to say is he's freaking gorgeous." Dani said. "He's hot as fuck."

  "Could you go be bisexual somewhere else?" Delilah asked in the deadpan way she said most things.

  Emma giggled. "He is very pretty. Yes."

  "I tried to tell Miguel how cute he was but he didn't want to hear it. He's far too pretty for me though." Dani shrugged.

  "How is someone too pretty?" Cyn asked.

  "Only guys can be too pretty for me. I like guys that are rough and rugged. I used to have a weird relationship with facial hair but Miguel with the scruffy look? Ugh. Wet." Dani gushed.