Girl Talk

Delilah was dripping with sweat. She finished her last burpee and laid on the ground. "Why are you trying to kill me. I thought we were friends."

Daniella chuckled and continued her push ups. "Friends don't let friends sweat alone. Get up."

"I can't. I'm dead." Delilah said as she closed her eyes.

Miguel stood in the doorway eating a sandwich. "Yeah! Get up, Lilah!"

  Delilah sat up and looked at him. "Says the guy stuffing his face."

  Daniella laughed as she finished her push ups. "Come out and workout with us, babe."

  "Oh sheesh. I would if I could. Sorry. My hands are pretty full right now." Miguel shrugged and held up his food.

  "You're so full of of shit." Delilah laughed.

  "Should you be working out with that thing so tight around your neck?" Miguel asked.

  Delilah touched her collar. "It's not tight."

  "Are you sure?" He asked.

  "Yep." Delilah answered. She stood up and started stretching her arms.

  "Is it new?" He asked. Now that he was thinking about it, he'd never seen that particular necklace. He walked over and began to reach out to touch it.

"Kind of." She said before pushing his hand away. Emma only said no one could take it off but Delilah didn't want anyone else touching it at all.

  "What? I just wanted to get a better look at it." Miguel said.

  "Well, Papi, you see with your eyes, not your hands." Daniella teased.

Miguel started to say something but he stopped. Instead he just gave Dani a look. A look they both knew the meaning of. Daniella giggled. She liked pushing his buttons. She liked what usually followed even more.

They thought they were being discreet but Delilah picked up on it. "Should I go or...?"

Dani laughed. "No."

  "You will deal! Do you know how many times Emma has made a sex joke in my presence!?" Miguel asked.

  Delilah smirked.  "No. Tell me."

  Miguel rolled his eyes and went back inside. Delilah laughed and continued stretching. She saw the pensive look on her friend's face. "Ella."

Dani looked up immediately. Delilah is the only person that calls her that. She started back when they were acquainted in a different manner. Now when she heard the name she felt instinctively inclined to obey. It kind of bothered her that it still had that effect on her. She was sure Delilah wasn't doing it on purpose. "Yes?"

"What's on your mind?"

  "I don't think you want to know." Daniella chuckled.

"Try me."

"Are you sure?" Daniella sat down on one of the lawn chairs and watched as Delilah stretched and flexed her body into different shapes.

"Yup."

  "I think I want to try something new with Miguel."

  Delilah looked up at Dani from the position she was in and crinkled her nose.

  "See? I knew you wouldn't want to talk about it." Daniella laid further back in the chair.

  "Okay. Okay. No. Talk to me." Delilah said. She would just have to get over the fact that it was her brother that Dani was talking about. She would pretend it was someone else.