The Grease

Cyn sat on the couch while Emma paced back and forth across the living room floor. She had been doing it for at least an hour. She was mostly muttering to herself but every now and then she would randomly say something loud enough so Cyn could hear her. Cyn was only half listening now. She was was watching different clips of funny videos on her phone. The kitty ones were her favorite.

  "She's going to come home and break up with me." Emma muttered.

  "No she's not." Cyn replied absently.

  "You don't know that."

  "Yes I do."

  Emma ran her hands through her thick blonde hair and sighed. She was so stressed. In retrospect, she was completely wrong for throwing the disc away. She knew it was a very sensitive spot for Delilah. Mistress or not it wasn't her place. She felt like shit about it now. She never meant for it to get out of hand like this. How would Delilah ever forgive her? She must have set her back so much in her progress. The front door opened and Emma stopped her pacing.

Cyn smiled and hopped up when she saw her other girlfriend. "Daddy!" She hugged and kissed her.

Delilah smiled. "Hi baby." She kissed her again and Cyn pretended like she wasn't going to let her go which caused Delilah to laugh. "I missed you too, princess."

"I thought you weren't coming home. I was sad." Cyn confessed.

"I told you I would be here. I wouldn't lie to you." Delilah reminded her.

"I know."

Delilah kissed the top of her head before she looked up and saw Emma staring at her.

"Hi." Emma said shyly. She gulped nervously, afraid of what was about to come.

"Hi."

  "I'll let you two talk alone but afterwards I want kisses." Cyn said.

Delilah smiled. "Okay, baby."

  Cyn gave Emma a kiss before she went upstairs and left the two alone. It was quiet for a bit before either tried of them tried to speak. Then they tried to speak at the same time. They shared an awkward laugh.

  "You go." Delilah said.

  "Okay. I'm sorry for throwing the disc away. I only considered what I wanted for you and not what you wanted or needed for yourself."

  Delilah crossed her arms. She wanted to apologize too for not really hearing Emma out the first time. She also wanted to say sorry for taking off her collar and running away. She knew that wasn't fair. "Em, I-"

  "Please. Is it okay if I finish?" Emma asked. She just wanted to just get her side across before Delilah decided to walk away or call it quits. Whatever she decided, Emma believed she deserved. Delilah nodded. Emma continued. "You were right. I was being controlling and selfish. You watching that was uncomfortable for me, but I wish I would have talked to you first. I took away your choice to decide and that was wrong. I'm sorry, babe."

"Thank you. I want to apologize as well. I know I hurt you by taking my collar off. That was a low blow and I'm sorry. I'm also sorry for leaving in the middle of our disagreement. I'm fully aware that's not how things are resolved."

Emma was not expecting an apology at all. So this was a bit shocking. "Oh. It's fine. I know you were upset. You had every right to be."

"I'm still upset." Delilah noticed the past tense verbiage Emma was using and wanted to make it very clear that the pain was still present. "I know why you did what you did but it doesn't change the fact that I'm hurt."