Dress Debacale

The next day came and it was time to go dress shopping. Delilah looked at herself in the mirror. This dress was pretty. She wasn't in love with it but it wasn't the worst one she tried on either. She spun around a few times. "What do you guys think?" She asked her audience.

"So pretty!" Cyn said as she clapped her hands together.

"Thank you babe, but you say that about every dress."

"I can't help that you're pretty in everything."

Delilah smiled. Cyn always made her feel beautiful. "Dani?"

"It's nice. I liked the last one better. Besides, I think when you find the dress you won't have to ask us."

"Very true." Isabella said looking at her phone.

"Tía, you haven't even looked up since I've put this one on." Delilah whined.

"Aww. Hold on." She finished typing her message and put her phone away. "Sorry. Okay. I like this dress a lot but I agree with Daniella, love. The right dress will not leave you with any doubt."

Delilah was starting to get frustrated. She was trying to find a dress that would really wow Emma so to speak. Emma (and her family outside of Bec) were super traditional. So to be respectful she was trying to find a traditional dress. Pretty and white. Fluffy even but none of them felt perfect. Everything needed to be prefect! Delilah sighed and stormed off into the dressing room. She quickly took the dress off and hung it back up.

"Was it something we said?" Dani asked.

Isabella shrugged.

Cyn got up and followed her girlfriend to the dressing room and knocked. "Daddy it's me."

The door opened and she found Delilah teary eyed sitting on the bench.

"What's wrong, babe?" Cyn asked.

  "I'm completely sucking at this! This is supposed to be easy. I've bought a million dresses before. Why is this so hard??" Delilah asked. They had been at it for hours. She was getting tired and annoyed with the constant store keepers and sizings. Dressing and undressing in all these strange rooms. She felt exhausted.

  "It's your wedding dress though! You've never had to pick that kind of dress. Besides... well, just hold on. I know what you need." Cyn started to dial a number on her cell. She knew she could say the same thing her Mommy would say but it wouldn't have the same effect. Delilah wasn't marrying her. She was marrying Emma. She needed to hear it from her.

  "What are you doing?" Delilah asked.

  Cyn simply handed the phone over and left her in the dressing room. Delilah held the unicorn case covered phone while it rang.

  Emma picked up the FaceTime call but she wasn't looking at the screen. "Hi, sweets." She looked up and realized it was not Cyn. "Oh. No. Hi, doll." Then she realized her love was crying. "Heyyy what's wrong, baby?"

  "I can't find a dress!" Delilah said sadly.

  "Why not?" Emma asked.

"I don't know. Nothing feels right. I'm just trying to find something that I think you and your family will approve of and like and I can't." Delilah tearfully explained.

"Delilah, look at me." Emma said from the other side of the screen. She waited for those green eyes to meet her blues. "You are marrying me. I am marrying you. I know exactly who are you and that's the person I want to see on our wedding day." Emma said very deliberately. "I don't care what anyone else thinks and you shouldn't either."