Sky's the Limit

The next day came after a wonderful night of sleep for all three girls. Emma sat on the floor between Cyn's legs while she iced her girl's knees.

"It's cold on me, Mommy." Cyn whined as she ate a smoothie popsicle. It was just a smoothie like Delilah would drink but frozen. It was their compromise to ice cream for breakfast.

"Yes, sweets. That's usually how ice works." Emma teased.

"Hey!" Cyn playfully bopped the top of Emma's head and giggled. She sucked on her popsicle for a while and thought about her punishment yesterday. "Mommy, can we talk about yesterday?"

Emma looked up at Cyn and nodded. "Sure, sweets. What's up?"

"Um..." Cyn hesitated, "I know you probably had a lot of emotions yesterday when you thought I was in danger. I totally get it and I understand you were big time disappointed with me."

"Yes, but that's in the past now, baby. I'm not upset anymore."

  Cyn nodded. "I know but I think I have a new limit. A new hard limit."

  Emma stopped rubbing Cyn's knees. She was all ears and her attention was very focused. "What is it? Was the rice too much?"

  "The rice sucked ass!" Cyn exclaimed. "But no. I uh... didn't like that you said I couldn't call you Mommy. That really hurt my feelings and I want to add it to my limits list." Cyn looked away from Emma and held her head down.

Emma nodded. "Okay, baby. Thank you for telling me. That was very brave and I'm so proud of you for speaking up." Emma gently lifted Cyn's head so their eyes would meet. "I'm not upset okay. I'm happy you told me. Okay?"

Cyn absently licked her popsicle and nodded.

"I love you and I will not take that from you anymore. Was there anything else you wanted to tell me, sweet girl?" Emma asked.

Cyn shook her head no.

"Okay, baby. Do you want to tell Daddy about your new limit or do you want me to do it?"

  "I will do it. Later." Cyn bit the tip of her popsicle. "Where is Daddy?"

  "Outside becoming one with nature. You know she's a bit of a tree hugging hippie." Emma joked.

  "I'm going to tell her you said that." Cyn grinned wickedly.

  "Oh yeah?" Emma started tickling Cyn making her laugh and scream.

  "I'll tickle you back!" Cyn started to tickle her too. They were both laughing until Emma took the ice she had and dumped it down Cyn's shirt.

  "Cold!!" Cyn shouted before she tried to get a Emma back they started chasing each other around the house while they laughed and screamed.

  Outside was a more peaceful scene. Delilah was practicing yoga and bathing in the sounds of nature. The birds and insects singing their respective songs. The temperature outside was perfect. It was warm but not scorching. There was a subtle cool breeze. Everything about the day seemed right. Delilah exhaled and opened her eyes. She had Emma's phone with her for a timer because hers needed to charge. It started to ring just as she was changing poses. She looked down and saw that it was Miguel. Delilah knew Emma and Miguel had a pretty good friendship outside of her but it was odd to see him calling her. Maybe he tried calling her but it was dead and he was worried. Like always.

  "Hi papito." Delilah answered the phone.

  "Delilah." Miguel sounded surprised. He was.

  "Yes. Why are you calling my girlfriend?" She asked only jokingly.