Battle

UNEDITED

After 5 days of intense and brutal training, today was the day of the war. Or more like face off but it was more important than that. Future of supernatural community depended on this fight.

Both the sides were equally anxious and high on adrenaline. It was the day of judgment and none of them wanted to lose.

Amethyst was, however, the calmer one, as if she knew what was going to happen.

"My lord, we must depart." the commander informed.

Amethyst nodded and looked around in the throne room as if remembering every detail of the place. She sighed and followed the commander. As she started walking out of the palace, hundreds of demons started following her. Cheering her name, chanting 'Hail the Queen of Demons!' , some children running infront of her and smiling with some missing teeth. She enjoyed these moments of innocence and saved them in her memory. As much as she overwhelmed by the support and enthusiasm, she was terrified out of her mind due to the risk she was taking. She has been under fear and tension ever since the whole war thing came up but now that is was so close, the feelings were bursting like a volcano. She was risking the people's lives but this was far better than the bloodshed that was going to happen earlier. She didn't care about herself, this wasn't even about her, it was all about the people. It always has been. She wanted win for them not for herself.

They neared the infamous dimension door but couldn't see it. The priest walked forward and mumbled so incoherent prayers. The ground shook as the door emerged from the soil.

'Cliche.' Amethyst thought.

As described by the commander, the door was covered in a peach-colored metal, glistening in the sunlight. The commander who was leading the whole crowd stopped and turned to Amethyst.

"We'll have to wait until it opens, my lord." He said.

Amethyst nodded. She was looking around when her eyes zeroed on the approaching crowd. She could see a crowd, much larger than her own.

Theodore was calm, every calm for someone who was going to fight with his mate. He was leading the the crowd with the heads of other supernatural species following closely. He stopped in front of the dimension door, beside Amethyst.

No words were exchanged. A tense silence engulfed the atmosphere.

The silence was broken by the creaking of the dimension door.

'This need some fixing.' Amethyst thought.

The door opened and the two heads entered the dimension first, followed by two systematic lines by their supporters. The dimension's sky resembled the galaxy, abstract and infinite. However, it's ground was that of any normal battle arena.

The two parties distanced themselves from the their heads and formed a circle with two kilometers of radius, leaving the commander, the rest of the heads with those two.

"We have some rules that are to be set before the fight begins." The Vampire king announced.

"We do too." the commander replied, nodding in agreement.

"This is a fight allows the following things: hand to hand combat, swords, daggers, wrestling. This is about power. No use of sorcery or else a real war will break out. Since the opponent is in human shape, Alpha Theodore will not shift. However, he can let his wolf take over. Queen Amethyst can use her strength to its full potential but cannot use her other demonic powers." the Vampire King finished.