Chapter 30

Author's Note:

Hey, my lovely readers!

I'm early this time, right? 😍

Hope you're all doing fine? 💕💕💕

You guys are REALLY special to me. You've been extremely patient with my slow updates and I'm VERY thankful for that. I recently just saw a reader adding my book to their reading list named "Sloooow Updates 🐌"

I laughed out loud 😂

Anyways, I've planned a double update for all of you! 💙💙💙

Chapter 30 is ready, Chapter 31 needs a bit of editing. I'll leave it here for you while I go work on chapter 31. It'll be updated in a day max!

Love you all! 😘😍

The clip clopping of hooves against the cobbled pathway competed for her attention against her own heartbeat drumming inside her ears. Her fingers lightly traced the tinted quarter glass as she sat there quietly overlooking the small houses built amongst the hustling streets. Once every minute, her body would jerk forward due to the jolting movements of the carriage causing the water pooling in the rim of her eyes to flow down her reddend cheeks in form of small splashes,

'Everything's the same as my dreams.' Her head hung low as she detached her gaze from the window, looking down in her lap,

'Everything except for me.'

Her fingers slid down the glass surface as she nervously ran a hand over the silky material of her cotehardie.

In medieval ages, bright colours like blue were preferred by the brides as it was considered the colour of prosperity and good luck. Imagine their surprise when she had told the man incharge of her dress that she wanted to wear white.

Thankfully, they had something assembled that fit completely according to her taste. The dress was made out of white crushed velvet, It curved around her bosom hugging her frame like a second skin, tightened with the help of a golden girdle belt delicately circling around her waist while the rest of it flared down her hips into a large pool of silk.

On the lord's command, it was matched with a scottish widow hood. Ares made sure to hide her back along with her face from the prying eyes.

Without turning her head, her eyes peered sideways at the man sitting silently beside her. She passed a quick glance over his attire. He was dressed in black from head to toe, just as he always did. The only difference was, this time instead of his cloak over his loose renaissance shirt, he wore a fitted steapmunk tailcoat that greatly highlighted his 'V' shaped torso.

As her gaze travelled lower to observe more of his coat, she happened to look at the space present between their bodies, where one corner of his dark tailcoat lay sprawled over the flaring end of her snowy dress. She smiled through her dried up tears as a thought crossed her mind,

'Ironically, these colours depict our situation perfectly well.'

"Day and Night." She didn't know she had ended up whispering her last words out loud.

"Every night needs its day to look up to, in hope of a better future, in hope of a new start," A husky voice had joined into her conversation.

"A day is a night's indispensable hope."

Her eyes widened as she looked up to find gleaming emeralds peering down softly at her.

"My Lord." She looked down immediately, the tip of her ears turning red with embarrassment.