chapter 31

"i've called junseop over, he said he'll come here any moment", mark said as he sat down on the couch in renjun's office

"i've called junseop over, he said he'll come here any moment", mark said as he sat down on the couch in renjun's office. almost everyone was there except for taeyong, johnny, jaehyun and ten who were working on something else. chenle and xiaojun were busy as well, doing research on golden child.

renjun hadn't gotten a single wink of proper sleep ever since yeonha was out of his sight. he was still trying to hack into the security cameras of golden child. luckily, he was able to trace down their base yesterday when yeonha had been kidnapped.

"i think i have it, but it'll need some time to download", renjun explained as he stared at his monitor. he picked up his phone that was on the desk and opened his phone to see his lockscreen, which was a picture of him and yeonha when they just woke up. "renjun, don't worry, she'll be back here once we invade"

"how are you so sure?", renjun asked yuta. he just shrugged, he didn't have a proper reason.

"we are sure because we'll fucking kill them for godsake", haechan replied. at that moment, there was a knock on the door and renjun checked who it was. it was junseop. "jeno, go open the door"

"why me?", jeno asked and renjun shot him a glare and jeno held his hands up in the air. "sheesh, i guess you're still on your period"

jeno opened the door and revealed junseop who was wearing an all black attire. he casually walked in and turned his head to haechan who was sharpening his dagger.

"do you have a problem?", haechan asked as he continued sharpening his dagger. junseop sighed and his eyes diverted to renjun. "what do you need?"

"we need you to help us with getting yeonha and jungwoo back", renjun said and junseop nodded. "i could see that"

"we planned on attacking their base", renjun expressed his idea but junseop seemed to not agree with how he reacted towards the whole idea. "i don't think that's a good idea"

"then what's your idea, pretty boy?", hendery asked and the whole room fell quiet, anticipating his idea. junseop had turned to face everyone and cleared his throat and he spoke up. "we'll be having a face off with golden child at school"

"at school? how sure are you that they'll let her go to school?", jaemin asked.

"they will for sure, i sent them a threat", junseop replied nonchalantly.

"and why are you helping us? for all we know, you could backstab us any moment", renjun said as he had slight trust issues with the boy. junseop chuckled and looked at renjun. "it was one of the two last requests that kieun asked from me"

the room went silent as kieun's name was mentioned. most of them looked at lucas who had looked down, avoiding their eye contact.

"then what's the other request she asked from you?", kun asked, getting curious.

"now that's a secret", junseop replied.

i stared at the bowl of food that was there ever since i woke up. it was around 3pm according to the clock in the room and i haven't had a single bit of food.

"i might die of starvation", i muttered as i went back to the bed that was in the room and covered myself in the blanket. i started wondering whether nct had started thinking of a plan or not. most importantly, i was thinking about renjun. he was the type of person to blame himself when something goes wrong, and ends up overworking himself until he fixes the problem. "i miss you, renjun"

i heard the door open and i tightened my grip on the blanket that was over my head. i could hear a sigh and his footsteps coming closer. he sat on the edge of the bed and tried to pull the blanket off.

"yeonha, you need to eat", his voice was deep. "you need to eat something, please"

"i'd rather die from starvation", i replied weakly.

"please yeonha, i don't want to get mad at you today, i'm tired from going on a mission in the early morning", he said as he patted my arm that was covered by the blanket.

"i just want to go home to where nct is, where my brother is and my boyfriend", i said while my voice ended up cracking at the last two words.

"but i'm your boyfriend", he said.

"you're not because you're not huang renjun", i said and turned my back him, still having my whole body wrapped in the blanket. i panicked when i felt the area behind me where the mattress is, sink down and i predicted that he laid down beside me. "what the heck? can't you take a hint and leave, jibeom?"

he slung his arm over my body to hug me from behind. i felt uncomfortable, especially since i had no idea what jibeom is like except for what junseop said, which was a stalker and psycho.

"can't we go back to how we used to be?", he asked softly.

"how can we go back to how we used to be when i don't remember", i replied coldly.

"then we could start anew", he said and i could tell from his tone that he was desperate.

"i can't, because i never liked you and will never like you, kim jibeom", i said sternly. "now, can you please leave? i just want to be alone"

"but you haven't eaten yet", he said. "i promise if you finish the food and eat the food i send you, i won't show up for the rest of the day"

"get off, i'll eat, just make sure to keep your end of the promise", i said and took off the blanket, making my way out of the bed without making any eye contact with him. i sat down on the floor near where the bowl was placed and picked up the utensils and started eating. my eyes suddenly diverted to jibeom who got out of the bed and sat in front of me.

"i miss this", jibeom said as i caught him staring at me. "i just want to be yours, why can't you accept it?"

i quietly chewed on my food, making sure that i wouldn't talk back with a mouth full of food as i looked at him. his eyebags were obvious and he looked like he hasn't eaten much.

"i already told you why", i replied. "it's because you're not huang renjun"

[a/n: i've always wanted to write a stalker au, but i'm not sure if anyone would read it

[a/n: i've always wanted to write a stalker au, but i'm not sure if anyone would read it. i'll try to double update if i stay up until 12am. anyways, i'll publish my jaemin fanfic once this fanfiction is almost done <3 can i expect y'all to vote and comment on that story when i publish it?🥺👉🏻👈🏻]