CHAPTER THREE

Shin Hye just got home after a tiring day.

She took a day off because all the things that's been happening lately were stressing her out to bits.

Chang Wook called her earlier and told her that he and his girlfriend Yna just broke up.

He asked her to come see him at a cafe downtown where seldom customers visit.

Like her, Chang Wook is in the entertainment industry so they can't be seen in the public often.

The media and the people knew that they have been the best of friends since childhood because that was what they both say when asked about their relationship in talk shows.

But there are some people who won't just back down.

Others don't believe that they are just friends, and that they will always remain so.

Even if he is her first love, she already accepted a long time ago that in this lifetime, they will forever remain in the friends zone.

Earlier, she saw how devastated Chang Wook was when he told her about what happened.

Yna had been dating him since they were in school, and they could've gotten into their 12th year as lovers if only everything went smoothly like how it used to.

Chang Wook found out that for the past five years, Yna has been in an on and off relationship with a rich businessman who is in his 40's.

Yna told him about everything, that she got pregnant by the businessman, and that she has learned to love him because he stayed when Chang Wook was busy with his career.

Shin Hye could remember how her best friend's face darkened upon telling her what happened.

Like what good friends do, she stayed by his side all throughout the day.

Actually, that wasn't her plan.

She planned to go to CK Entertainment earlier and personally apologize to Director Joo for the hundredth time.

She has been rejecting the drama offer for the last two months, but Director Joo was persistent, saying she is the perfect fit for the role.

The drama's writer Ms. Audrey, who is that man's auntie, also pushes her to take on the role.

She actually considered doing so, but she declined because of certain circumstances.

Ms. Audrey had been thinking all along that the reason why she doesn't want to take on the role is because of that brute, but no.

She's long past the bitter stage so she knew she can act professional even with him around.

She couldn't tell them that the reason why she rejected the offer was because of conflict in schedules.

It has been on her plan to take a 6 month long vacation starting next month and stay in London with her brother to get something done.

And the drama's shooting will start a month from now, so clearly, she can't accept the offer because she scheduled something important.

She felt sorry for turning down the offer. But she cannot do anything.

She just called Director Joo earlier and said sorry over the phone. She knew that today was supposed to be the first script reading.

She knew she didn't fail in reminding them that she cannot take on the role, but still, she felt guilty.

Shin Hye sighed and went straight to her kitchen to prepare her dinner.
In the kitchen, she saw Harry sleeping.

She smiled upon seeing Harry, the one who keeps her sane with all the things that is happening to her life right now.

She touched Harry, and he immediately woke up and come to her.

"My little munchkin, how's your day? Mine's been so stressful. I wish I were a cat like you so I don't have to experience all these."

Harry meowed to her, and she remembered Vanilla.

Vanilla was her cute white cat way back in school, a gift to her from her grandma.

It's been 17 years since Vanilla died because of that brute.

Shin Hye made a face upon remembering what that brute did that took away the life of her beloved Vanilla.

She also remembered that she once wrote a hate letter because of what happened.

She remembered exactly what she wrote way back then because her hatred towards that brute was so strong.

It was one afternoon in September 2003 when she was crying real hard while at the attic of their home while writing down all her frustrations towards him.

I actually dropped the idea of writing down hate letters towards you, Lee Min Ho, but I really need to vent my anger now.

2. I HATE YOU FOR BEING A CAT MURDERER, BRUTE! I HATE YOU!

Do you know what you've done? You just killed Vanilla!

I wish you didn't have to come with Chang Wook to our house yesterday.

I told you to not feed Vanilla with anything just yet cause I will be the one to feed her!

But of course, you didn't listen to me!

I left you there with Vanilla in the dining room while Chang Wook and I were preparing our lunch.

But when I came to the dining room, what were you doing?

You just fed Vanilla with chicken! And the worse part is you gave her the bone part!

My baby Vanilla suffered because of you.

The bone that you gave her poked things inside her tummy.

She bled while peeing. She cannot even eat anything!

I saw how she lost weight. And a while ago, I saw how she found a secluded place in our house and took her last breath.

Don't you know that I care for her so much?

Everyday, I even take my time to remove fish bones from her meals.

I make sure that she won't be eating anything that can harm her.

But because of an unwanted visitor like you, my Vanilla left me.

She was the only remembrance I had from my late grandma.

And now, she's gone to cat heaven.

Now, I know you are not just a lying jerk.

You are also a murderer!

I hate you!

Don't show your face to me in school tomorrow. I might just punch your face and kick the hell out of you, brute!

-Shin Hye, the girl who is currently killing you in my mind....repeatedly

Shin Hye came back to senses when Harry jumped off her lap.

"My munchkin, don't ever come near that brute, okay?"

'Why am I even thinking that Harry will be meeting that brute?'

Shin Hye shrugged off the idea of having that brute near her or Harry.

'But why do I feel like I'll be seeing him tomorrow?" Shin Hye asked herself while munching on her dinner.

'Right. Tomorrow, I'll inform the staff to shove that brute away if he ever is around.....just in case.'