CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

Shin Hye got home from her date with Chang Wook. She was so happy, even if she is confused.

She decided to take a shower first to freshen up. After she did, she decided to reply to the brute's message.

She just asked about the remaining two letters. Shin Hye went through all her letters and she failed to find the other two.

She read his reply and told her that the other two was hidden inside the pocket of two stuffed toys, a star-shaped one, and a cat.

Shin Hye chose not to reply at that one, and she just went to where she keeps all the stuffed toys that she received.

She spent minutes to find a cat and a star. There were several of those, and she looked at those one by one.

Then after a long time, she found the star and the cat stuffed toys wherein the other letters are hidden.

She got them, and went straight to her room to read it. In order for her to decide sooner, she needed to read those.

She got the envelope at the pocket of the cat stuffed toy and read what was written in there.

Shin Hye,

Remember Mini? That pretty sophomore whom you thought I was dating?

Well, I just want to tell you that I was not dating her that time. She liked Chang Wook, not me.

I don't know why people assumed that we are dating. But believe me, I didn't date her.

The time when you got angry because I didn't show up at our date was because of her, I admit.

She needed my help. And because she was the one giving me good advices on how to make you happy, I chose to help her that time.

I thought to myself maybe you would understand.

But I am sorry. I am sorry that you thoughy I ditched our datd because I was busy dating other girls.

I was not. I don't know how many times I told you about this, but you are the only one I've dated seriously.

This explanation is too late. But I think you still need to know. I don't know if this will help in easing up the burden I've caused you, but I hope it does.

And Shin Hye, I know you are angry at me. But if you read this, can you please spare time and meet me at the park we used to go to?

I don't know what I'll feel anymore. These days are worning me out. My dad left us for another woman, and it hurts to see my mom devastated.

I needed to see you. I need you to ease up the pain even for a bit.

I know this is too much to ask cause I have hurt you. But please. Can you do it as an old friend?

I will be waiting for you there.

- Min Ho

Shin Hye doesn't know how many times she felt this way, but again, she feels guilty.

She failed to be with him during his hardships. If only she knew, she would come to him even if she was angry at him that time.

Shin Hye chose to open the last letter. Being guilty right now won't change anything anyway.

Shin Hye,

I would like to be completely honest with you even if there is a very little chance that you'll read this.

But I would just like you to know that I lied to you a couple of times when we were together.

All of the surprises I did for you, actually, those were just my idea but it was Chang Wook who did it. I am not creative, so Chang Wook was the one who did all those.

I am sorry I had to pretend that it was all my effort. Right now, I am feeling guilty with what I did.

Chang Wook loves you too and it must really hurt him to help the boyfriend of the woman she loves by surprising her.

He is a good man. I feel like I needed to confess this even if it is embarassing.

He did so much for you. So if the time comes that you will choose him over me, I will accept it.

That will hurt for sure. But I will be at ease if you will end up with him.

Bug of course, I am not backing down. I am still hoping that you will choose me over him in the end.

- Min Ho

Shin Hye actually wasn't surprised with that one. She knew Min Ho is not the type who's creative, so she knew someone was helping him out.

She just didn't expect that it was Chang Wook.

Shin Hye felt guilty. Chang Wook musy have felt hurt that time.

As she hugged the stuffed toys, she fell into deep thought. She thought that by reading the letters, she'll be able to decide.

But she just got more confused than ever.

Whoever I choose between them, one will get hurt.

I don't know what to do anymore. How does one choose whom to be with?

I needed to decide before one of them gets extremely hurt by me stalling with my decision.

- L E E L Y B E R R Y -