CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Shin Hye finished eating the last slice of apple that Chang Wook has prepared for her.

It is her second week at the hospital, and she is just waiting for the day of her surgery.

Honestly, she wanted to go home first when she found out last week that her surgery is scheduled on the 20th.

That is still two weeks away so she suggested that she'll go home.

But her doctor told her that she can't, and her brother and Chang Wook are against the idea saying she'll be safer in the hospital.

So everyday, all she does is sleep, eat, and chit chat with Chang Wook and her brother.

She is getting bored with the routine. She misses Harry and the brute, actually.

Speaking of the brute, he hasn't called for a week now.

Yes. She knew she told him not to bother her for a while. But last two weeks ago, he was still sending her messages from time to time.

Unlike this week. She's been bugging Chang Wook to tell her if the brute is even checking on her, but like the usual, Chang Wook will say:

"He still hasn't called. Now, just take a rest."

She is getting impatient, so she called Chang Wook who was busy looking at his phone with a frown on his face.

"Hey, Chang Wook. Please give me my phone."

She saw that Chang Wook has become uneasy. But later on put a blank face before answering her.

"Your brother told me not to let you use the phone for a while. You know how news can stress you out. So, no."

Shin Hye rolled her eyes at him. That is true. Her brother does not let her use her phone.

But she thinks she'll go insane if she doesn't hear the brute's voice so she continued persuading Chang Wook.

"Handsome, please? Let me use my phone. Let's keep this as a secret to my brother."

She used all her charms hoping that Chang Wook will give in.

It works each time. She patted her eyelashes at him even if she finds it disgusting.

She even smiled at him and she thought she saw him blush a little. Or maybe her eyes are just tricking her.

She heard Chang Wook sigh and fidgets through her belongings which were at the corner of the room.

Shin Hye smirked when she saw Chang Wook holding her phone.

She reached out for it, but he held the phone up high so she couldn't reach it.

"Hey! Give it to me."

Chang Wook just shook his head and spoke.

"I will give it to you, but promise me one thing."

She find him weird but she just chose to nod at him so she can have her phone.

"Just call Min Ho right away. Don't check your social media nor the news. Understand?"

She looked at him like he has grown two heads, but she smiled sweetly at him and just agreed.

He then handed her phone and she waited until Chang Wook sits on the couch.