CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

Chang Wook looked at Shin Hye's phone as it lits up again.

He sighed and handed it to her.

"Shin Hye, he sent a message."

As usual, Shin Hye didn't mind him. She has been doing this ever since that Zora uploaded a photo of her and Min Ho.

Chang Wook shook his head as he sees how hard-headed his best friend could be.

Min Ho is his friend too, and he knows he never liked Zora.

So even if Min Ho is his rival for Shin Hye's love, he still explained to her that maybe, all of those were just for a show.

But like every other time, Shin Hye doesn't listen.

Like right now. She is just busy playing games on his phone.

Shin Hye does not want to touch her own phone for days now.

She said she doesn't want to communicate with Min Ho for a while.

That was why she has been using his.

There is absolutely no problem with that, though. They always share things since childhood.

Chang Wook smiled as he stares at her who is busy playing.

He doesn't know how it is possible for his heart to still beat this faster when Shin Hye is around, considering that they were practically together since they were children.

Shin Hye was actually the daughter of his father's best friend, which is Mr. Park.

He remembered when he first saw her. Shin Hye's family moved next to their house in Gwangju.

By that time, she was 7, and he was 10. He barely had friends when he was young 'cause he was shy.

He also remembered how many kids in their neighborhood wanted to befriend Shin Hye, but she still chose to stay by his side.

So at that moment, he promised himself that he will always protect and take care of her.

He was too young to know the meaning of love back then. But when he turned 13, he realized he liked her more than just a best friend.

He didn't entertain his feelings 'cause she was still too young.

But when they both reached high school, his feelings for her intensified.

He noticed she liked him too more than a best friend. And he was so happy when he heard her say to her mother that she likes him.

But Chang Wook couldn't risk their friendship, and besides, for him, they were both not ready for a romantic relationship.

So he just chose to protect her, most especially from potential suitors.

Then, he found out one day that his friend, Min Ho, liked her too.

He was so scared that time. Unlike him, Min Ho wasn't a coward.

He knew that Min Ho and Shin Hye were just pretending to be in a relationship back then.

But of course, he pretended that he felt disappointed in Shin Hye for not telling him that she was going out with Min Ho.

That was the only way for him to mask his broken heart. He knew they weren't real, but he still felt hurt.