CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Shin Hye actually got a call from her mom and dad saying her grandmother is sick.

Without thinking any further, she told her brother and Chang Wook that they'll go home to Korea right away, to which the two quickly agreed to.

They are now on-board.

Shin Hye sighed as she felt another camera flash aimed at their direction.

She is used to it. Lots of reporters were after her and Chang Wook.

And of course, like what they were doing since then, they were making baseless reports saying that she and Chang Wook are dating.

Honestly, she doesn't care anymore. Even Chang Wook just lets it pass.

They knew the real-score between them, and they are not guilty.

So thet chose to stay silent and not clear their name.

They always say the truth that they're just friends anyway, but of course, people will believe what they want to believe in.

She sighed as she remembered the backlash that the brute has been receiving.

She still cares for him, and she knew it must be really hard for him to deal with something he didn't do.

Too many times, she wanted to contact him, but she chose not to.

For her, she might be a distraction to him. She does not want to trouble him any further by thinking of their relationship.

She does not even know if she can still call it a relationship cause she remembered that he ended it all between them.

And he seems doing fine with Mini.

Like her and Chang Wook, the brute and Mini are on the headlines too. They were saying that the two are dating.

And Shin Hye is nervous because of it.

Unlike Zora, Mini is different. She actually saw some photos of Mini and the brute which resurfaced online, and it was all different from that of Zora and the brute.

Plus, Mini is not a public figure. She cannot be used for media play.

Shin Hye can't help but think that maybe, men do fall in love with the women they are with during trying times.

With that, she took a glance at Chang Wook who was sleeping beside her.

But how about women? Do women fall in love with the guys they are with during times of despair?

She stared at Chang Wook and smiled. This guy right here did nothing but love her.

She remembered what she said to him, and she meant it. She is not closing her door to both Chang Wook and the brute.

Although her heart is still invested in the brute, she is not closing her door for Chang Wook too.

And it seems like that is what the brute is doing, so she will, too.

She just likes to enjoy the moment. She is sure that Chang Wook is not lying when he said that his love is unconditional.

Letting someone who loves you show that he loves you is far better than not giving him a chance at all.

Chang Wook also made it clear that he is not hoping for anything. He just wanted to express what he feels.

Shin Hye smiled as she realized how blessed she was with Chang Wook.

For more than two decades, he has always been there, protecting and loving her in his own ways.

She doesn't even know how will it be without him. She spent so many years with him that she knew she cannot live without him anymore.

But she also knew someday, she had to decide. She knew if she won't choose Chang Wook, she cannot keep him forever.

The same goes with the brute.

Shin Hye sighed. It is clear that she still cannot choose for now. The idea of losing any of the two hurts her so much.

That is why she knew she still cannot choose for now.

If she chose someone right away, chances are she might choose the wrong one, and she does not want that to happen.

So she will just enjoy the moment, and let fate decide for her.

As soon as they set foot in Korea's international airport, their bodyguards were quick to protect them and lead the way for them.

Shin Hye felt camera flashes and she also heard murmurs, but she chose not to mind it.

She and Chang Wook rode different cars cause he still needs to go home, while she and her brother will already go straight to the house of their grandma.

She is still on-leave so she has no problems with schedules. She just sent a message to her manager saying that she is back.

While on their way to their grandmother's house, she cannot help but worry.

She hopes she is doing fine.

Her brother tapped her shoulders and made an okay sign to cheer her up a bit.

She knew that he knew she is worried. Shin Hye is thankful that she has people around her to cheer her up.

She cannot help but miss the brute again. During times like this, he will always make a way to make her laugh, or even treat her out.

She smiled sadly once again as she thought of the fact that she cannot even do the same for him now.

As she remembered Mini, she cannot help but smile, genuinely, this time.

She may not be with him, but she is thankful that there is someone beside him to do what she was supposed to be doing for him.

It was the same scenario with Chang Wook and her anyway.

As she looks at her situation with the brute, she is still kind of thankful that the both of them are with someone who cheer them up.

It is not even important anymore if they cannot comfort one another.

At this point, what matters is the both of them are trying to be okay with some other people by their side.

- L E E L Y B E R R Y -