CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Shin Hye's grandma was getting okay, and she is thankful for it.

Right now, she was with Chang Wook who immediately went after her to her grandma's house.

He just stays at their house which is just a few blocks away from theirs.

She let him talk about everything that has been happening in Seoul. And he told her that they will be doing a magazine photoshoot together.

She's been told by her manager that she needed to do this one, and she agreed even if she is still on-leave.

It's just a photoshoot anyway. Besides, she'll be doing it with Chang Wook, so it's fine.

When it's already late in the evening, she just excused herself from Chang Wook. She felt like she wanted to take a rest so she will have more energy tomorrow as they travel back in Seoul.

Before she went upstairs, she saw her mom sitting at the living room alone. She decided to talk to her for a bit.

"Hi, mom."

Shin Hye propped down the couch across her mother. And her mom just looked at her.

When she remembered something, she quickly asked her mom.

"Mom, may I ask? Why did you give the letters I write to the brute? I mean, to Min Ho."

Her mom looked at her intently and sighed.

"Because he deserves to know those. I didn't read what's inside. I just saw his name. And I think he deserves to have that. I cannot give him anything but that when he went to our house almost everyday to talk to you."

Shin Hye's forehead creased upon hearing that one.

"He went to our house almost everyday? Why didn't I know about that?"

Her mom sighed and looked at her.

"Shin Hye, have you forgotten? You practically told everyone in the house that if he comes to you, we shouldn't tell him that you are staying at this house with your grandmom. I didn't know what happened, and though I am against the idea that you won't even talk to each other, I just followed what you said. I respect your decisions."

Oh. She remembered that. Yes, she told them not to tell the brute that she was staying here. But that is not because she does not want to talk to him. It was because she does not want her grandmom to see him most especially that they were not together anymore. Her grandma would have gone ballistic.

"Min Ho, I like that guy for you, Shin Hye. Like Chang Wook."

Shin Hye immediately looked at her mom with what she has said.

"He actually went to us and told us that he pretended that you were his girlfriend, and he apologized for it. But he told us that he really liked you for real, and he even asked permission if he can court you."

She didn't see that coming. All she knew is he went to their house and told her parents that they were together for real.

"I really like him for you. Your dad and I saw his sincerity. Everyday, when you are not around, he would go to our house and ask how he could help us with our restaurant. I knew he was a trainee back then so I refused. But he insisted. He went there everyday and he asked us not to tell you about it. He said he wanted you to like him back not because he helped us out."

Shin Hye felt ashamed of herself. All along, she thought the reason why he would always excuse himself early when they were together was because he was busy dating other girls. Those were what the others say. She didn't know that he was actually helping out her parents.

"I really liked him for you, so when heard that you were not speaking to him, I didn't hesitate to give him the letters you wrote which I found underneath your pillow. I pity that boy. If you only saw him pleading."

Shin Hye didn't know. She thought Min Ho was playing around behind her back. She didn't know he pleaded to talk to her.

Right then, she knew she needs to know a lot more. She excused herself from her mom, and went straight to her room.

There, she saw the letter he wrote.

Without thinking twice, she got it and read what was inside.

Shin Hye,

I remembered one time when you got angry at me cause you saw me with a girl near my grandma's house, right?

I am sorry fo not explaining sooner. But believe me, I was not dating that girl.

I am guessing you never saw the photographer which was a few steps away from where we were at.

But that was actually a photoshoot. For the ulzzhang shidae. My agency told me that I should do that cause by being part of the ulzzhang shidae, I could attract more public attention before I debut.

Yes. We needed to act sweet together. But that was just for the sake of the shoot.

I know I am at fault too since I didn't tell you about it sooner.

But believe me. I was never into any other girls that time.

It has always been you and you alone.

Rumors said I dated a lot of girls. Again, not true. Those girls were the ones thinking that my being friendly and polite to them meant that I already like them.

It was never like that. It was only you that I see.

Even up until now. I am receiving calling cards from female celebrities. But I can never go out with them.

How can I when my heart's still with you?

- Min Ho

Shin Hye just feel more ashamed of herself.

It has always been her for him. But she always doubted him.

How can she be this cruel to the man who stayed faithful with her?

Right then and there, she knew she needed to find the other three letters.

She needs to know what really happened in the past.

She needed to know in order for her to be able to move forward to the next step.

- L E E L Y B E R R Y -