CHAPTER EIGHT

"Since we cannot be seen eating together, we are just ordering via drive-through. Okay?", Min Ho looked at Shin Hye and waited for her response.

As usual, she didn't throw glances at him. He sighed, and maneuvered his car towards a fastfood chain's drive through.

"Do you want the usual, Shin Hye? Or did your taste buds change too over time?", Min Ho faced Shin Hye and waited for her response.

She looked at him, and he caught his breath.

'Damn. Why does a simple glance from her make my heart beat faster?'

He was unconsciously checking her out, when she heard her cleared her throat.

"Are you even listening, brute? Mygosh! What is your problem?", Shin Hye looked at him sharply like she always does.

He was brought back to reality, and he asked her what she said.

Shin Hye sighed before answering.

"Like what I have said, order the usual. You still remember, right? Judging from how eager you are to remind me of the awful past, I am guessing you still somehow remember what I want. Or no?", she just looked at him blankly.

"Of course. I still remember. When it's you, I cannot forget a thing."

Min Ho ordered their food and drinks through the intercom.

They still have to wait for a couple of minutes for their orders to be completed, so they just sat in silence.

Min Ho cannot take the suffocating atmosphere, so he decided to ask her things.

"So, how come you still haven't change your appetite? It's been like 10 years, right? That was the last time we ate together."

He watched as she drew sharp breaths and faced him.

"It's been ten years or so. But that does not mean my appetite will change. I still love the things I used to love. Time does not change that."

He looked at her and ask her teasingly, "So does that mean you still love me?"

She laughed at what he said.

'Why so pretty?', Min Ho silently asked in his mind.

"Excuse me? Love you? Huh. You must be high on something. I don't love you. Not now, not later. I hate you, just so you know, brute."

Min Ho sighed, but he chose not to back down, of course.

"Why? You said you still love the things you love back then. As far as I remember, at one point, you were head over heels over me. You even---"

He didn't have a chance to finish what he was saying cause she abruptly cut him off.

"That is the point. It was all in the past now. Thinking of those things makes me want to puke. I have done and felt pathetic things in the past, and I blame my being young back then. I don't know what I was doing. I don't know why I felt things towards you. Looking back it all, it doesn't make any sense."

Min Ho was about to say something when they were informed that their orders are ready.

He drove his car forward, and got their orders.

He handed her what she has ordered, and they decided to just park the car near the riverbank so they could munch on their foods.

He watched as she happily munched on her burgers which had extra cheese and sauce.