CHAPTER ELEVEN

Shin Hye was now on her way home from her parents' house in Gwangju.

She decided to pay them a visit now that they have two days off from filming their drama.

Her parents, like her brother, were worried about her.

They asked her lots and lots of questions, asking if she is okay, or if she is feeling anything weird these past few days.

She just told them she's fine so they won't have to worry.

But she knows she is not completely okay, to be honest.

Her migraines are getting worse, and she noticed she is developing slight discoloration on the skin of her left arm.

When they have a shoot or when she goes out, she just makes sure those are hidden using a concealer.

She sighed, and felt so tired.

When she finally reached her pad, she immediately changed clothes and went to where Harry was.

"Harry, why is being a human so hard sometimes?"

She patted Harry's fur, and thought of her life.

She is an actress loved by many, but she felt lonely.

When the cameras are rolling, she needs to pretend she's fine.

God knows how many times she needed to act okay each time she is in the public's eye.

She bitterly smiled to herself when she realizes how good of an actress she was.

"Maybe, I act too convincingly. No one even notices that I am not alright most especially these past few weeks because of how good I am at pretending."

Life's been tough for her during these times.

Most of the time, she thought she'll past out on set, but she endures it all.

She cannot give in to the pain. She needs to act tough.

In the industry she's currently at, she needs to project that her life's okay, and that everything's in place.

That is why she had mastered the act of pretention which is very useful in her current situation.

Except from her family and her agency, no one else has to know about her current state.

It'll just make a lot of people worry.

She loves her fans so much. She wouldn't be where she is if not of them.

That is why she told herself that no one should find out about her current health status.

She cannot bear it more if she finds out that her fans will be worried.

That is why she chose to pretend she's okay.

She'd rather suffer silently than cause a lot of worry to people around her.

Shin Hye just decided to take a bath to calm down for a bit.

When she finished doing so, she looked at her arms through her vanity mirror.

The discoloration on her skin is getting worse.

"Shin Hye, just hold on. You've got eight weeks to go at most. Just endure it for a little bit longer."

She was about to lie down in bed when her door bell rang.

'Who would visit me at this very hour?'