CHAPTER TWENTY

"My grandson, make sure you come back here with my Shin, okay?"

Min Ho nodded his head as he tightly embraced his grandma.

"Yes, grandma. Please take care. If you need anything, just call me, okay?"

His grandma pulled away from his hug to embrace Shin Hye.

"Take care, my Shin. Come back here, okay? Remember that you should give my grandson a hard time first. He deserves it."

Min Ho was sulking at a corner as he watched how Shin Hye laughed and agreed at what his grandma said.

"Yes, grandma. Please take care."

They both said their goodbyes to Min Ho's grandma, and they hopped into his car.

When they got inside, he saw that Shin Hye was holding on to her forehead, and she looks kind of....pale?

"Hey, Shin Hye. Are you alright? You look pale. We can still stay here in grandma's house if you don't feel okay. I will just call your manager."

Min Ho looked worriedly at her.

Shin Hye just shook her head at him, and smiled.

"I'm fine. Let's go home. I just lack sleep cause I haven't had a good sleep last night. I've been thinking if I made the right choice by giving you a chance. Go on. I'll just sleep. "

Shin Hye just closed her eyes.

Min Ho smiled to himself as he remembered how their conversation went last night.

He started his car's engine as he recalled what she has said last night.

'I promise I will make the most out of that second chance you gave me, Shin Hye.'

Min Ho glances at her from time to time.

He heard her even breathing, and he knew she was sleeping.

He was about maneuver towards the road to Shin Hye's home when he saw her shivering.

He stopped his car at the side of the road and touched her forehead.

"Damn! You have a fever!"

Min Ho felt that her hands are cold, so he turned off his car's air conditioner.

He also took off his jacket and wrapped it in her arms.

He started the car's engine, and as if she sensed what he was about to do, Shin Hye spoke through a small voice.

"D-don't bring me to the hospital. I don't w-want to be on the headlines. Please."

Min Ho took a deep breath.

"Fine. But I will bring you to my house, okay? I can take care of you there."

Min Ho didn't hear any protest from her, so he quickly but safely drove to his pad.

When they reached his house, he carried her bridal style and laid her on his bed.

Shin Hye was still shivering, so he got his blanket and wrapped it on to her.

He went to his kitchen to get ice cubes and damp towel.

He wrapped some of the ice cubes in a towel, and he lightly dampen it on her forehead and neck.