College

AKA rollercoaster rides.

College's in most books make no sense whatsoever. All they ever do is drink, smoke weed, do drugs, party and indulge in fornication like wild rabbits.

"But that's what people do at college in real life."

Yeah, no doubt, but! They know why they're there, and it's to study. Some writers just dump their MC's in college because it seems cool. What these writers fail to understand is that people in college go through struggles. MC's don't. Which makes no sense.

-They have no major
- They don't go broke
- They always have excellent grades (Even though they've been on a partying streak.)
- They don't have jobs they hate. (Even if they did, it's probably because their love interest pays frequent visits there.)
- They don't study!

All they ever do is get wasted, regret it, and do it all over again the very next day. Rinse and repeat.

"I have a goal. Those things aren't important."

Obviously there's a goal but I don't know if you've noticed but people are getting tired of reading about the MC driving out of town, never going to lectures, partying, sleeping all day in their dorm.

If that's how college was in real life, the world would fail. It doesn't have to big part of the story, at least make it known that they're in school. You're basically writing about a bunch of people who live in a large area doing nothing educational.