𝔬𝔫𝔢!

✧・゚: 𝔞 𝔩𝔬𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔞𝔶 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔥𝔬𝔪𝔢!

1981

Initially, when Noëlle Blanche decided to take a break from her parents, who had overly high expectations of their daughter and move from Luxembourg all the way to sunny California, she never expected to be this miserable.

The girl had a knack for creating clothing. Fashion was in her blood. Hence the reason she decided to become a seamstress. Back home, her small company was doing great. Business was always flourishing and the girl had made a name for herself as one of the best seamstresses. The only ones that weren't impressed with her accomplishments were her stuck up parents. Granted, Noëlle couldn't remember a time when her parents had ever been supportive of her.

And for that reason alone she decided to move to America and continue her business there. In a way, Noëlle wanted to prove her parents wrong and make it big in California with what she loved to do. Oh, but those dreams crumbled real fast.

California proved to be an unforgiving place for a small, (not to mention foreign), business owner. The nearby fashion businesses didn't need more competition and they pretty much banded together to destroy Noëlle. The owners of those businesses were not welcoming in the slightest and each time Noëlle would show up to open up her little shop, she would find a note taped to the door which threatened her to go back to where she came from.

But even then, the girl tried her best to push the mean comments aside and focus on herself. Noëlle's philosophy was that there was no need for competition or hatred of any kind. After all, she was just a mellow girl with peace on her mind at all times. Confrontation was not her forte in the slightest. But, if it came down to it, she did defend herself. Or at least tried to.

Not only that, but those other shop owners spread lies about Noëlle's work to their customers which ultimately made it impossible for the young girl to get any business.

It had gotten to the point where Noëlle would just sit in her store from sun up to sun down waiting on someone, anyone, to enter her store. It never happened though. To be honest, the girl hadn't had a customer in months because of those fucking rumors about her. At this point, Noëlle barely had enough money to support herself.

Every time Noëlle locked the door to her shop, she wondered about how maybe her parents were right about sewing being a useless occupation. She wondered what would happen if she moved back to Luxembourg. Would her parents make a mockery of her? Most likely.

Well, with the amount of money she was making (which was not much), soon enough Noëlle would have no choice but to go back to Europe and accept her defeat. Funny how people said America was the place of opportunities