𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢!

✧・゚: 𝔫𝔢𝔴 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔢𝔰!

✧・゚: 𝔫𝔢𝔴 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔢𝔰!

The first thing Noëlle Blanche noticed when she got back from the grocery store with multiple bags in her hands was a moving van parked in front of her apartment complex. The girl's hands were turning red from the weight of the bags, but the sight of the van intrigued her beyond belief and made her disregard the pain her hands were experiencing.

She couldn't believe that anyone would purposefully want to move into this neighborhood. It wasn't as bad as some of the other neighborhoods in the area, but it was pretty much infested with robberies.

Noëlle watched a girl with dirty blonde hair slowly jog down the stairs of the apartment complex and pick up another loaded cardboard box from the back of the moving van. While the mystery girl was doing so, Noëlle stared up at the apartment building to see which apartment the newcomer would be moving into. And sure enough, it was apartment thirty-two; the one right next to Noëlle's. Hopefully, the new neighbor wouldn't be an obnoxious asshole like the last one was.

"Would you like any help with the boxes?" Noëlle politely inquired as she walked closer to the new girl who was about to haul another cardboard box up the stairs. The girl turned toward Noëlle and quirked her eyebrow in an amused manner. Noëlle thought the new girl was out-of-this-world gorgeous. Her dirty blonde hair seemed to shimmer under the sun and her caramel eyes clearly hid some mischief and secrets. The barely visible freckles along her nose and cheeks definitely gave her face more character. But along with the beauty, came the obvious bags under her eyes.

"I would," The mystery girl stated before dramatically pausing which left Noëlle on the edge of her seat. "Would you like any help with your groceries?"

Noëlle examined the playful smirk which rested on the girl's ruby red lips. Noëlle could tell that the gesture wasn't mean spirited, it was just somewhat teasing.

"The groceries can wait," Noëlle said as she put down her grocery bags on the dirty concrete. The new girl scrunched up her nose at the sight of Noëlle risking the contamination of her groceries. Nevertheless, the girl appreciated the risk that Noëlle took just to help her out.

"Fair enough. I'm Leah. Leah Olson," Leah set the cardboard box down which she had been holding onto the concrete and held out her hand for a handshake. Noëlle's hand met Leah's and Noëlle noted that the other blonde's hand was strangely cold, almost freezing.

"Noëlle Blanche," Noëlle gave Leah a smile which the other girl reciprocated almost instantly. Leah was already fond of Noëlle. "I guess we're neighbors now."

"Thank God you're my neighbor and not some creepy old guy," Leah chattered as she dramatically waved her beautifully manicured hands around. Her deep red nails stood out to Noëlle. It was a bold color, but it appeared that Leah was a bold person. As Noëlle reached down to pick up the box that Leah had put down, Leah instantly spoke up. "Oh, careful with that one. The fur coats in it were expensive as fuck," Leah cautioned with the faintest grin on her face.

"Fur coats?"

Noëlle had never seen a fur coat up close before. This was the closest she had come to them and they were still in the box. Noëlle hesitantly lifted the box and made her way towards the stairs. Leah was behind her with another box in hand.

"They're faux fur, don't worry. I'm not a monster," Leah jokingly revealed as she followed Noëlle up the stairs to reach the apartment. The two girls walked in complete silence until they reached the door of Leah's apartment. Leah proceeded to open the door with one hand while the box she was holding was resting in her other arm, against her hip.

"What brought you to Los Angeles, especially this neighborhood? You look like you belong in Beverly Hills," Noëlle informed Leah before slowly stepping into the apartment after Leah motioned for her to enter. Noëlle didn't mean anything bad about that question, she was just genuinely curious about why a wealthy-looking young lady was staying in this part of town.

"You want the short answer or the long, tedious one?" Leah asked as the two of them set down the boxes next to the other dozen in the apartment. Noëlle didn't respond, instead, she was awkwardly standing there. "Well, since you probably don't want me to bore you, I'll just say that my ex-boyfriend found a better girl to spend his time with. Palm Springs had nothing to offer me anyway. It's time I moved on."

Noëlle definitely wanted to know more, but prying was not polite and she just couldn't bring herself to do it. Noëlle figured that Leah would open up to her when they knew each other a little more.

"Do you think Los Angeles will have something to offer you?" Noëlle wondered out loud and Leah cutely chuckled before opening her mouth to answer Noëlle's question. Honestly, Noëlle just wanted advice on how Leah was going to deal with her new surroundings.

"Are you kidding? Of course. You just have to fight for what you want. You can't be afraid to throw a few punches, you know?" Leah advised and watched as Noëlle bit her lower lip and thought about what she said. Leah could see that Noëlle was a true, genuine girl. "You seem like a sweet girl. If you need guidance or whatever then I'm happy to help. Us blondes gotta stick together after all," Leah winked in Noëlle's direction. Noëlle's response was to sheepishly blush. Nonetheless, she valued the fact that Leah said all that. Noëlle wanted this to blossom into a beautiful friendship.