𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔬𝔫𝔢!

✧・゚: 𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔥 𝔫𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔪𝔞𝔯𝔢!

A lightning storm was suspended over Los Angeles just like how the weatherman predicted yesterday morning. Leah and Noëlle ignored it and just laughed it off. The weatherman always seemed to be getting the weather patterns wrong (even if it was his job).

Unfortunately, not this time. The man on channel six was so right about the insane storm. Though, it didn't really affect Noëlle and Leah physically in any way since both girls were in their respective apartments, deeply sleeping in their beds.

However, due to all the lightning and noisy thunder, Noëlle's subconscious was creating a horrible dreamscape for her. In fact, it seemed like less of a dream and more of a nightmare.

Noëlle found herself in a cemetery in the middle of the night. The light of the full moon was beating down on her as she slowly opened her eyes. The blonde slowly stood up from the ground and looked down to see what she was wearing. Her body was covered in a short white dress and she was completely barefoot. The dress and all her features were covered in dirt and muck.

All of Noëlle's limbs seemed to be aching, but she bit the side of her cheek in an effort to forget about her discomfort. The blonde began to emerge from behind one of the tombstones.

Noëlle had no idea what she was doing here or why her brain decided to paint this environment for her, but all she wanted was to get the fuck out of here. A ghostly mist seemed to encircle Noëlle's location which managed to freak her out. But there was also the calming sound of soft wind and that seemed to help Noëlle cope with the haunting fog.

The further Noëlle walked through the cemetery, the more she realized that she was going in an infinite loop. This cemetery seemed to never end. It seemed to not have an exit. The girl's heart thumped at the fact that she would be locked inside of a cemetery for the rest of her life.

The strangest part was that there was no visible fear on Noëlle's face. Her actual expression held a tired, zombie-like look. Her eyes were void of emotion and she barely blinked. Meanwhile, internally, emotions were raging and Noëlle was screaming in her mind to hopefully get help from someone. She was quite literally screaming bloody murder, but unfortunately, no one could hear her pleas.

By the tenth time of circling the entire graveyard, the scenery finally changed slightly. In front of Noëlle stood a grand tombstone that was elaborately carved. The girl proceeded to move towards it even though small twigs and razor-like rocks on the ground were penetrating the bottom of her feet. Her feet were now numb to any pain since she had been wandering around so much.

Noëlle realized there was a note on the tombstone. The girl reached for it and began to read it. Her expression remained blank even after she finished reading it. The letter basically stated that this cemetery would be her place soon enough. And that there was no room for failures like her in the world. The letter, whoever it was written by, was a way for them to break Noëlle's confidence. And they succeeded because Noëlle was now crying inside of her head. She also felt the beginnings of a panic attack.

Noëlle hurriedly sat up in her bed and started having a coughing fit. Her petite frame was drenched in sweat and the storm outside of her bedroom window still hadn't ceased. But that was the last thing Noëlle cared about right now. Her hand clutched her chest while she continued to cough and tried to steady her breathing. She hadn't had such a powerful panic attack in a while.

Once the blonde managed to regain control of her body, she put her face in her hands and just started bawling. Noëlle wanted these nightmares about failing in her career to stop happening. They were the bane of her existence. Her insecurities plagued her mind constantly no matter how many compliments she got from Leah. And Tommy, once upon a time.