Twenty-four

Unknown's POV:

Hell had only one holiday and that was, indeed, Lucifer's birthday. No other day was set up for celebration but this, and maybe due to that fact, it was always very over-the-top, and frankly, breath-taking. All the decorations, all the clothes and meals, all the music... It was one thing, that even angels rumoured about and secretly wanted to attend, but unfortunately for them, the only ones who were invited were the high-cast demons. 

Lucifer gazed upon the crowd that was slowly gathering in his great hall, everyone in the richest and most dramatic suits and nightgowns that they found. 

Casts in hell weren't hard to define. There were the mongrels, the lowest of all, and they usually had a miserable eternity in the underworld. Right above them, the servants, who were mainly very weak demons, who wouldn't be able to get souls by themselves, so they served a higher demon, who provided them. Next, pets. A nice word for the sex-slaves higher cast demons had, but also if a pet managed to become his master's favourite, they had quite a lot of influence... still, they were properties. The 'fallen' represented the middle-class in hell. They were just the demons who weren't in need to become servants but weren't anything really special either, nevertheless, they were invited here.

And of course... The aristocrats. Namely, the seven deadly sins, and the so-called first sinner, or as most commonly known, Judas. 

Lucifer still stared into the celebrating crowd, without joining them... and he had a good reason to do so.

Jude and his little pet didn't arrive yet... They might not come after all the boy almost died not long ago, but still, Lucifer highly doubted that the demon wouldn't show himself... 

He wasn't wrong.

The crowd parted, as Mindy opened the huge doors, and let through the two new guests. Lucifers lips curled into a gloating grin when he caught his first glips of the limping boy. People around them stepped back, feeling the radiating danger of the pure silver handle of the walking stick that Seth held in his hand, and which made a loud thumping sound every time he took a step. What insolence, to bring silver into his home... But of course the boy had no filter or manners since he was under the wings of such a powerful aristocrat, no one would dare to question his choice of accessories. 

Spoiled little brat... 

"Welcome" Lucifer announced loudly, his voice echoing through the hall as he stood on the gallery above the room. 

The pair glanced up, neither of their faces betraying much of emotion other than annoyance. 

They got very dolled up for the occasion, Seth was wearing a dark blue suit with beautiful, yet elegant details, while Jude rocked his usual dark colours, the shade now being deep, dark crimson, and their ties matched the other's clothes.

Everyone was silent for a while, especially because it has been a very long time since a living human got down here, and to make it even stranger, Seth seemed perfectly calm, as if he wasn't aware of exactly where he was. 

Rumours had already spread around hell, that Jude had matched with a mortal, but no one could really believe it until' they witnessed the pair enter into the great hall, walking beside each other as if they came here to conquer the world.  

Lucifer's face, on the other hand, hid well all the hatred he felt while looking down at them... He hated the idea that such a small boy, a pet at that, is supposed to be his arch-nemesis. What a joke... It's humiliating... the whole prophecy is. Sure, Seth was a strange mortal, but nonetheless, a mortal, and no matter how hateful and cruel he becomes, he'll stay human, and ultimately, no match for Lucifer.