Epilogue

/ Hi! So first of all, I recently found an amazing author, with a story similar in themes to this one, so I thought I'd give a shout-out here, so you guys can get your fix while I try and put together chapters :* 

The Fallen's Threat (MxM) - @nathandettori 

Second of all, this epilogue will be the last official chapter of this book, but the second one is already up on my profile "Make Us", hope to see you there. :*

P.S.: I love reading all your comments, it adds years to my life to see ya'll meme-ing the shit out of Seth. <3/

The dark room had a less than friendly atmosphere, given the thick smell of blood, and other body fluids one can possibly imagine, not to mention the subtle, but quite distinctive and ominously sweet scent that black magic carried. 

Directly across from the locked entrance, a man sat on the floor, his back against the wall, panting and grunting ever so often, when the pain became too much to handle. With his feathery, white wings tremlbing, like leaves in the light breeze, he appeared delicate and easy to break, despite being a supernatural being. 

"I don't need your mercy... Kill me, if you wish so" he spat, a repulsed expression on his angelic face, as he brushed a few blonde locks out of his eyes.

"In that case, I'm overjoyed to inform you, my partner does not understand the concept of mercy anyway. You two will get along, just fine" the infamous demon retorted sarcastically, leaning against the wall from across the hostage. 

The angel was not even slightly relieved by this new information, and though he hoped it didn't show much, he was more than nervous to meet his... partner.

He, of course, knew who the demon was. Everyone did for hundreds of years now, but especially since that incident five years ago... Chaos's second massacre. But can you really call it Chaos's alone? No... It's always the two of them, like fire and gasoline, both are to blame for the tremendious damage they cause in the world around them.

Swallowing a little, the angel anxiously glanced at the door, awaiting the boy to arrive... What would he do to him? Judging from what he heard in heaven, he was done for, wasn't he? He was there, at the cleaning... as they carried away all those dead blessed... it burned in his memory forever, that smell, all that blood on the floor, presumably from the monster, who caused all that death to occur that day. 

Before he could've spent any more time agonizing over his inevitable fate, he began noticing a gutwrenchingly slow clattering sound, from outside the building, which was coming closer and closer with each second.

The suspense tensed up every inch of his body, and as the image of that signature silver cane flashed before his eyes, he already knew:

 Chaos was nearing the house.

 His suspicion soon became blatant reality, when the door swung open, revealing the other member of that rotten duo. 

Although, the young angel was already prepared to see Chaos eye-to-eye, the sight struck him more than he would've imagined. The boy changed drastically in that 5 years, and now, he was... barely recognizable, at least for someone who didn't see him often. 

He was slightly taller than before, and his brown hair grew out enough to hit his shoulders, but these weren't the things that left the angel in shock;

That once boyishly charming face, became rough and hard to look away from, accompanied by a mismatched pair of eyes, sparkling with dark, ravenous hunger. That deep, wide scar that ran across the left side of his face, gave a sort of unnerving, sharp look to his features, all the while, the man itself still looked ill, or at least, not fully alive, and older than he actually was supposed to be... If he had to guess, he would've said Chaos was in his early thirties, though he knew for a fact that the boy was barely 25 at this point.