5 | Goblet Of Fire

Y/N's POV

Once we arrived at Hogsmeade station, we were placed into boats just like ever year and sailed across the Great Lake. The sun was set, so the moon and the stars were shinning. The moonlight reflected on the surface of the waters, making it look more magical than it already is.

Once we reached the other side, we went to the Great Hall taking our seats for the Great Feast. Chatter and excitement filled the air but the chatter faded away as Professor Dumbledore cleared his throat.

"Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen--"

Filch sprinted into the hall, causing everyone to lose their attention towards Professor Dumbledore and stare at him. He ran towards Professor and mumbled something to Professor Dumbledore. After a couple of moments, Professor nodded and Filch ran back down the aisle.

"So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament." Chatter of happiness and excitement filled the air.

"Now for those of you who do not know, the Tri-Wizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime!"

The Great Hall doors burst opened and a group of girls dressed in blue were dancing up the aisle, some doing acrobatics and others releasing butterflies into the air. Ron's eye grew huge in interest, "Bloody hell." Hermione rolled her eyes at him.

Once they were towards the front, a very tall woman was walking behind them. She was almost the size as Hagrid. Seamus leaned towards us and whispered, "Blimey, that's one big woman."

The girls bowed and the whole school cheered and applaud, welcoming them. Dumbledore put his hands up to get our attention again, "And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff."

Suddenly, the ground shook as a group of older and strong looking boys in dark fur coats walked up the aisle brandishing their staffs while twirling them around and occasionally stabbing them into the ground with a spark effect in sync. Everyone's eyes glistened like gold tracing them down the aisle. The girls gushed, making the boys a tiny bit jealous.

Suddenly Ron had shook me, "Y/N!"

Surprised at his movement, I chuckled nervously. "W-what?"

"Blimey it's him, Viktor Krum!" I looked and sure enough there was Viktor Krum, the Seeker for the Bulgarian National Quidditch Team, whom we saw at the Quidditch World Cup also known as Ron's number one idol.

Once they finished their entrance, the crowd roared with applause and welcoming. Professor Dumbledore and Master Igor Karkaroff embraced each other.

"Guys, I-I can't believe it's him!" Ron exclaimed, not trying to show too much of his excitement.

Hermione shook her head, "Ronald, I seriously don't know why you like him that much... I mean he isn't that great."

Ron looked offended while putting his hand on his chest, "Hermione! Yo-you can't say that!"

"Yeah, you cannot say that!" Fred joined in.

"No with him in the same room as us!" George added.

Hermione shrugged, "Just what I think--"

"Your attention please! I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the Tri-Wizard Tournament. But to do this that student must survive three
tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks."

"Wicked." Fred replied.

"For this reason the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch--"

Suddenly the great hall door opened again and out came a strange-looking man, he was big with only one eye with an artificial eye. "Who is that?" I questioned.

"Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody." Ron answered, surprised.

"Alastor Moody? T-The auror." Hermione added.

"He was a catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are full thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter though these days." Ron explained as Mad Eye Moody was limping down the aisle, breathing heavily.

"My dear old friend, thanks for coming." Professor Dumbledore welcomed as they embraced each other. "Anyways, as I was saying Mister Bartimus Crouch is here to talk about the new rule."

The Minister replaced Professor's spot and cleared his throat, I noticed that Mad Eye Moody was drinking something quite frequently.

I leaned towards Harry, "What do you think he's drinking?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. But I don't think he's pumpkin juice."

I nodded.

Minister Barty continued, "After much deliberation the Ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the Tri-Wizard Tournament. This decision is final."

The crowd became restless and a roar of groans and booing filled the hall.

"THAT'S RUBBISH! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!" George shouted alongside others who were shouting and booing.

"Silence!" Dumbledore bellowed. He then cast his wand over a box which meld into a goblet bursting out a blue, firey flame.

"The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night.
Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the Tri-Wizard Tournament has begun."