6 | Mad Eye Moody

"Alastor Moody." said Mad Eye Moody, while writing his name on the board.

It was the next day and our first class was DADA (Deference Against Dark Arts). I sat with Hermione while Ron and Harry sat in front of us.

"Ministry malcontent. And your new defence against the dark arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" The class fell silent, so silent that you can hear the leaking of the water dripping down from the roof.

"When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

"Three sir." Hermione replied.

"And they are so named?" He asked, writing 'Unforgivable Curses' on the board.

"Because they are unforgivable. Use of any one of them will--"

"Will earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban. Correct. Now the ministry says you're
too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what
you're up against, you need to be prepared." he instructed pacing around the front of the class.

"You need to find somewhere else to put your chewing gum other than the underside of your desk Mr Finnigan!" he shouted which made everyone including myself jump.

"Aw no way, the old codger can see out the back of his head." Seamus groaned. Then unexpectadly, Mad-Eye thew his chalk in anger towards Seamus which made everyone duck down.

"And hear across classrooms!" He snapped back then walked down the classroom, "So, which curse shall we see first? WEASLEY!"

"Y-yes?" Ron gulped in fear.

"Stand up!" Ron slowly stood up, ever so lightly shaking. "Give us a curse."

"Well, my dad did tell me about one...The I-imperious Curse..." Ron stammered.

"Ahhh yes, your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why..." He went back towards his desk and opened the jar that had a spider in it.

"Hello. What a little beauty." He used his wand and sent it around the class. "Don't worry. Completely harmless."

The whole class was panicking and was terrified. "But if she bites... she's lethal!"

Which made the class even more terrified, Draco was sitting nearby and he was laughing his head off.

"What are you laughing at?" Mad-Eye asked, sending the spider onto Draco's face which made Draco freak out 10 times more than others.

Hermione and I laughed at his reaction. We've never seen Draco that terrified before.

Talented isn't she? What shall I have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown
herself?" He had the spider over a bucket of water, it's wriggling trying not to fall in.

"Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only do did you-know-whose
bidding under the influence of the imperious curse. But here's the rub, how do we
sort out the liars? Another.. another.." The class started putting up their hands, Neville who was at the front carefully put his hand up.

He went towards Neville, "Longbottom is it? Up." Neville stood up unsurely.

"Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for Herbology?"

Neville nodded slowly, "T-theres-um t-the Cruciatus Cruse..."

"Correct! Correct! come come. Particularly nasty. The torture curse."

Mad-Eye pointed his wand towards the spider, "Crucio!" and suddenly the spider was squealing in a very high pitch tone which made all of us cover our ears.

Neville was panting, "Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him, stop it!" Hermione yelled, worried.

Mad-Eye stopped but Neville was still disturbed. He picked up the spider which is still making the noise. He came towards our desk and placed the spider onto Hermione's textbook.

"Perhaps you could give us the last unforgivable curse Miss Granger."

I looked at Hermione, her eyes were forming tears and were filled with sorrow. She shook her head slowly, denying to answer.

"Alright...Avada Kedavra!" In immediate seconds the Spider lost it's life. I turned my eyes away, trying to not see the spider any longer.

"The killing curse. Only one person is known to have survived it. And he's sitting in this room." Mad Eye left our desk and approached Harry, taking a sip from his drink.

...

"Brilliant isn't he! Completely demented of course. Terrifying to be in the same room with, he's really been there you know." Ron gushed, while we were walking down the stairs after class.

Hermione shook her head, "There's a reason those curses are unforgivable, and to perform them in a classroom. I mean did you see Neville's face."

"I mean did you see your face Granger?" We heard a cold voice snicker. I turned around and of course there stood the boy with platinum blond hair, smirking at us.

I glared at him, "I think you mean your  face, Draco."

He came closer, one step at a time. "Was I talking to you, Mucky Moo?"

His friends behind him giggled, "Mucky Moo."

I scoffed, "Yeah you weren't but you were speaking loudly therefore I couldn't help but to interfere. Sorry." I plastered a smile.

"Come on... Let's go guys." Ron mumbled pulling me away from Draco.

We continued walking down the stairs trying to ignore Draco. "You better watch out to Weasley"