11 | Know You Better

𝙰/𝙽: 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚍 '𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚕𝚢' 𝚋𝚢 𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚓𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐:)

Present Day

"Is Ron seriously not going to speak to Harry ever again?" I asked Hermione, placing the book back on the shelf.

"I don't know! They're boys! I don't get them!" Hermione huffed, "I think it's that book."

"Thanks." I replied, pulling out the book that Hermione gestured towards. Hermione had already finish the Potions Assignment but I still needed to add some bits and pieces to it so Hermione decided to give some pointers.

"Hermione!" a voice called from the other side. It was Ron's. "I need to talk to you."

Hermione looked at me, "Sorry, I'm going to see what's wrong."

"It's fine." I chuckled, starting to flip through the pages. She walked down the aisle but turned around, "Y/N?"

"Hmm?"

"The book that's next to it, gives good information too, Potions 101 with you."

I nodded, "Thanks, Hermione." She then disappeared down the aisle, I pulled out 'Potions 101 with you.' and started scanning through the content. It had pretty good information, nicely worded so people less intelligent like myself can understand better.

I was studying for a few minute or so but then I was interrupted, "Muppet, can we talk?"

I knew it was Draco, no one in the school except him and his cronies call me those names. I shut my book and faced him, "What do you seriously want?!"

I was still mad at what happened the other day, I didn't want to talk to him.

He was quite taken aback at my response, "Re-relax."

"No, just go away!"

He put his finger on his lips, "I just want to talk." he replied, coming closer and taking a look at the book.

"Potions 101 with you...You're seriously studying for that?" He chuckled, not in a pleasant way.

I glared at him, "Yes, because I'm caring about my grades unlike someone who just cares about himself." I snapped, placing the book back into it's original section.

He frowned, "I don't always think that I'm the best, that's what you think."

I put my hand on my chest, pretending to be shocked. "Oh no. You've caught me." I made my way past him, "Have a splendid day, Draco."

"Wait! I need to talk to you." he called, I sighed and turned around at him leaning on the shelfs.

"You know you shouldn't lean on them."

"Are you worrying about me because I might get hurt?" He smirked.

I scoffed, "No. I didn't want the books to get damaged."

"What-"

"Anyways, what did you need to talk about. Make it quick." I answered, impatiently. I seriously had no time to listen to Draco's sad stories, I'll much rather finish off my Potions Assignment.

"Look I didn't mean to make you cry, the other day." He started, looking me in the eye.

"I didn't cry." I lied, avoiding his eyes.

He raised his eyebrow, "You sure?" He asked as if he didn't believe me.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, now if you will excuse me, I have an assignment I need to complete." I replied, trying to pass through him.

He stood up straight, blocking me. "I'm not that bad, you know?" he said, sliding his fingers along the spiral of the books. "And I'm..." he trailed away.

"You're just what."

"I'm just not that type of person you think I am." he completed.

I nodded, "Yeah, maybe-"

"If you know me better then you will know who I'm truly am."

"I don't want to though." I said, turning my back towards him, trying to go the long way instead since he's not moving.

"Wow. You're really something, Mucky Moo. Everyone wants to know me."

I faced him, "See, this is exactly what I'm talking about! I don't want to be closer with someone who thinks they're more important than others."

"Okay fine! Maybe I am being ostentatious sometimes," he admitted, which surprised me. "But I-uh really need help on my assignment for Potions."

I frowned, "I thought you didn't care about your assignment?"

"That's what you think."

"Okay, but ask someone else. I'm not helping you-"

"Why?" He asked confused, looking at me in the eye. "Do you hate me or something?" His astonishingly pale blue eyes were filled with sincerity.

Yes, I don't like you but I didn't want to say it in his face.

"Yeah- I-uh..." I adverted my eyes, somewhere else and saw that Pansy was walking towards our direction. "I just think you should ask your girlfriend, because I'm not that much of a help."

"What? Who's my girlfriend?" he laughed, I nodded towards Pansy who noticed us talking.

"Draco!" she called, "I've been looking for you!"

"Speak of the devil." I smirked then went past him.

Draco turned around to see Pansy coming and sighed, "Muppet, she's not-"

Hermione and Ron came back to where Draco and I were, "Y/N! Ron and I are going to do something kinda important right now and I kinda want you to come." Hermione said, eyeing Draco and wondering why the heck we were together.

I nodded, "Sure." I turned to face Draco and Pansy, "Sorry, I really need to go now. So Pansy is here to help you instead Draco."

Pansy had her arms linked to Draco, "What the heck is she talking about?" Pansy asked looking at Draco and I.

"He'll tell you yourself." I replied, leaving with Hermione and Ron before Draco could talk back to me.

...

"What was that about? In the library?" Hermione asked as we were walking along the lake, going to Harry.

"Oh nothing, just Draco being Draco." I chuckled, I quickly changed the topic. "So it's pretty much Ron telling you then you telling Harry?"

She nodded, "I don't know why, Ron wants to say a long list of students."

"Because! He can't know that I'm the one who's telling him this." Ron answered, shrugging.

I laughed, "You guys should just apologise and make up now."

"No... I'm still mad at him."

"But you want to tell him this?" I asked.

"Yes because that's what friends for. Safety is priority." Hermione replied, as we arrived at the side where Harry and Neville were laughing with each other.

A/N
im very sorry for not updating! i was quite busy:(( but i just want to thank you all for 600 reads on this book!! this is absolutely incredible and i am very very grateful!!🙏🏼❤️

-starxight