7 | Pathetically Dimwitted

We decided to visit the Goblet Room to see who was putting their names down for the Tri Wizard Tournament. One by one each senior went inside the foggy circle line around the Goblet of Fire and added a tiny piece of paper with their name on it.

"Go Cedric!" A boy shouted and pushed Cedric into the circle. Cedric put the parchment into the fire and everyone applaud.

I smiled as Cedric walked past us, he gave me a grin. Ron held up his hand to high five him but Cedric left him hanging, making Ron a bit embarrassed.

"Eternal glory, be brilliant wouldn't it? In three years from now we'll be old enough to be chosen." Ron said, once the crowd died down.

"Yeah well rather you than me." Harry replied, moments after Fred and George ran into the room, looking very pleased.

"Thank you thank you, well lads we've done it."

"Cooked it up just this morning." The crowd cheered as the twins both held up identical vials.

"It's not going to work." smirked Hermione, flipping through her book. Everyone turned and faced her. The twins went towards her, putting her on the hot seat.

"Oh yeah? And why's that Granger."

Hermione closed her book and leaned forward, pointing towards the foggy circle border, "You see this? This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?"

"So a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something pathetically dimwitted such as an age potion."

"That's why it's so brilliant." George replied, chuckling.

"Because it's so pathetically dimwitted." Fred completed, while standing up.

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George?"

"Bottoms up!" They both yelled together then gulped down the potion.

Once finished, they hopped into the circle and waited, realising they were successful they added their names into the Goblet, enjoying the admiration they got.

Ron gasped, "Bloody Hell, make me one too--"

Then they were ejected high in the air, out of the circle and landed flat onto their backs, whereupon white beard were forming along with full heads of grey hair.

"Never mind." Ron stated.

"You said.." George started, annoyed.

"You said.." They started rolling around and fighting on the floor as the crowd cheer very loudly.

"Fight!"

"Go Fred! Go George!"

The room suddenly became silent, I looked up and saw why, Viktor Krum. He entered the room and went and put his name in the flame. He looked our way making eye contact with Hermione, smiling.

I tried hiding my smile when I saw Hermione smiling back at him, shyly.

Once he left the room, I immediately turned to Hermione. "What was that?"

Hermione raised her eyebrows, "What was what?"

I gave her a disappointed look, "Viktor. I saw the way he looked at you and the way you looked at him."

"And..."

I adjusted my position to face her properly, "So tell me, you don't actually hate him right?"

She shook her head, "Of course I don't hate him but he's alright..."

I nodded with a smirk, "Yeah, I mean who wouldn't think Viktor Krum is alright."