23 | Yule Ball Practice

𝙰/𝙽: 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚍 '𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎' 𝚋𝚢 𝙿𝚄𝙱𝙻𝙸𝙲 𝚏𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐:)

Y/N's POV

"Look at this! I can't believe it she's done it again." Hermione scoffed, reading the newspaper. "Miss Granger a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey sources report is none other than the Bulgarian bon-bon Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow." she read aloud, so Harry, Ron and I can hear.

"You and Krum. That's rich." Ron chuckled, at what Rita had written in the Daily Prophet. Hermione glared at him.

"I-I just mean...I know you. He's famous." Ron replied, trying to make up an excuse.

"Well, who's more famous than Harry Potter? And he's your bestfriend."

"Yeah, well, that's different."

Hermione rolled her eyes, shaking her head.

Ron just shrugged before a quite short boy with blonde hair came up to us; handing Ron a large parcel.

"Parcel for you Mr Weasley." he said, smiling quite awkwardly.

"Thank you Nigel." Ron replied, taking a look at the parcel.

I looked at Nigel and realised that he isn't leaving back to his seat but instead, gazing at Harry in awe.

I snickered, making Ron look up and noticing Nigel is still here, "Not now Nigel. Later. Go on." He muttered to Nigel. Who looked disappointed but nodded and left our table.

"I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph..." He chuckled nervously, "Oh look mum's sent me something--" Ron gushed, ripping his parcel excitedly. His smile immediately disappeared when he realised what the gift was, "Mum sent me a dress?!" He shouted, embarrassed.

I covered my mouth, trying to stop my laughter. "It's gr-great Ron! Perfect for you!"

"Well it does match your eyes." Harry nodded, "Is there a bonnet?-- Aha!" He reached out the a white bonnet from the parcel, showing us what it looks on Ron.

Ron rolled his eyes and snatching the dress robe and bonnet, giving it to Ginny. "Ginny these must be for you."

She looked at Ron in disgust, shaking her head. "I'm not wearing that it's ghastly."

Her comment made Hermione and I laugh which made a few students stare at us.

"What are you on about?" Ron snapped, glaring at Hermione and I.

"They're not for Ginny they're for you!" Now, everyone in hall started laughing  at Ron.

"Dress robes." I chuckled.

"Dress robes? For what?"

"For the Yule Ball, that's coming up. How do you not know this, Ron?" Hermione shook her head.

"Well, honestly I don't care about girls and boys dancing together and being all romantic. I'll much rather do something else." Ron spat while quickly stuffing his dress robe back into the parcel so he won't get embarrassed any more.

"Like what?" Hermione questioned, raising her eyebrows. "Don't you mean, you're not going to go because no girl is going to go with you?"

"A bit to harsh there, Hermione." I replied, looking at her.