14 | First Task

𝙰/𝙽: 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚍 '𝚒 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚍' 𝚋𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚌 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐:)

The day of the 1st task for the Triwizard Tournament has finally arrived. Today's weather was supposed to nice and sunny but the view outside my dormitory window says something else.

The weather was quite chilly, which made me cross my arms trying to gather as much heat as possible as soon as I scurried out of bed.

"Morning, Y/N." Hermione chirped, already fully clothed in uniform.

I yawned, rubbing my eyes, "How did you- when did you wake up?"

She chuckled, wrapping her grey scarf around her neck, "About an hour or two ago, I couldn't sleep last night. Because of Harry, I'm worried."

I smiled weakly at her response, this is the reason, Hermione and Harry could never break apart and they are literally soulmates.

"Hermione, you want to know why I'm not worried?"

"Why?" She asked, taking a seat on the end of my bed.

"Because I know- I know for sure, that Harry could win this tournament. I believe in him, because he's Harry Potter."

Hermione nodded slowly, a smile forming around her face. "Yes. Because he's Harry. Harry Potter, my best friend."

...
Hermione told me that she was going to head down to the tent where Harry is waiting before the tournament begins but I decided to go up to the bleachers and saves some seats for us.

"I have a question, L/N." A voice asked behind me. I turned around and disappointment filled me.

I turned back, looking around for seats, "Why are you talking to me, Draco?" I asked, hoping he'll go away but instead he started following me.

"What do you mean? I literally just wanted to ask you a question-"

I turned around, facing him. "Well right now, I'm kind of busy trying to find a seat and all. So if it isn't important, I would appreciate if it you could ask me next time."

"Wait-"

Before he could answer back, I noticed spare seats next to the Neville and Ginny, I waved to them and hurried over taking a seat. Then placing my items; like my hat and my bag on 2 of the seats beside mine to save them for Hermione and Ron.

Unfortunately, some student thought it would be funny to move my hat to the seat which belonged to Ron and took a seat on Hermione's reserved seat.

I sighed and direction my body towards them but I realised my laces were undone so I bent over to tie them, "Excuse me. But this is for my friends...I'm really sorry-"

"If you're really sorry then you help me with the Potions assignment." I looked up to see who it was and frowned at him, "Draco?!"

He smirked, putting his hands into his coat pockets. "Why? You seem really surprised to see me." His cheeks were pink and fog was coming out of his mouth.

I rolled my eyes at him, "I literally just saw you."

"And?"

"And...That means that I am not surprised to see you."

"No? Well you seems like you are."

I was done with him, the 1st task was about to start any minute and I don't want to spend my time talking with someone annoying and self centred as Draco.

"Okay, seriously! Not everyone is surprised and happy to see you alright?!" I snapped.

I paused, "Why are you following me anyways?"

He frowned, "Why would I follow you?"

I shrugged, "You tell me! You literally following me." I huffed, I saw Hermione and Ron coming our way, I held my hand up and waved so they can see where I was seated.

Hermione smiled, and they started walking towards were I was.

"Alright! I would like to welcome everyone to the 1994 Triwizard Tournament!" Sir Barty Crouch announced, the crowd roared with applause. "Before we begin our first task, I would like to wish a huge good luck to our 4 Triwizard Champions!"

"Cedric Diggory from Hogwarts! Viktor Krum from Durmstrang! Fleur Delacour from Beauxbatons!" The crowd cheered, I clapped excited for what was going to happen soon.

"And lastly, Harry Potter from Hogwarts!"

The crowd cheered but some booed, regardless I cheered the loudest I can.

I heard a voice scoff beside me, "I can do better than Potter."

I frowned, I forgot that he was still here. "Why are you still here?"

He shrugged, "I just need help on-"

"On your potions assignment?" I completed for him, slightly annoyed.

"Yeah that."

I realised that I should be more straight forward to Draco and if I do that then hopefully he'll leave me alone.

"I've already told you that I don't want to help you." I straight up stated. "So please, will you leave me alone now?"

He didn't respond and slowly stood up and walked away, I assume he got what message I was trying to give across to him.

I breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed back into my seat.

"Hey thanks for saving our seats, Y/N." Ron said, taking a seat next to Hermione.

"No problem." I replied, as Sir Barty Crouch made an announcement that Cedric will be the first competitor.

Ron's eyes glistened, "It's starting! Let's sit back and enjoy!"

"We can't really enjoy it! Imagine how Harry is feeling right now!" Hermione added.

Ron and I nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I wish the very best for all competitors not just Harry because this is a very dangerous task." I said.

"You're right, after all it's a fight with a dragon!"

A/N
i am very sorry for not updating. i have been very busy with school and all but hopefully i will try and update more frequently!

thank u for your patience,
starxight