16 | Library Meetups

𝙰/𝙽: 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚍 '𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛' 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚊𝚢𝚕𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚠𝚒𝚏𝚝 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐:)

Next day,

I made my way to the corner tables at the library, the ones that were close to the windows. I plonked myself down and took out my pens and paper.

Professor Snape had sent a letter this morning, saying that I should meet with the student today at the library after dinner. I wasn't sure who it was yet but I knew it was a boy since Professor referred to him as a male student.

After a few minutes of waiting, I felt a figure taking a seat next to me. I smiled, looking up and immediately my smile faded when I saw who it was.

"Draco?"

"Hey Mucky Moo, how are you?" He said, chucking his bag onto the table, crinkling up all my notes.

"Hey! T-that's my n-notes for him!" I answered, trying to salvaged the crinkled up paper underneath his bag.

"Him?" He questioned.

I frowned, "Yes, now he'll be here any minute so could you please excuse yourself and leave?"

"Oh- You're waiting for your study partner?" Draco smirked, crossing his legs.

"Yes- wait- how do you know that?" I asked, did Professor Snape tell him or something?

"Well, your study partner is here."

I looked around and didn't see any familiar faces from my potions class walking my way. I shook my head, "No not yet but I'm sure he'll be here soon."

He chuckled at my response which made me raise my eyebrow, "What?"

"Muppet, I'm your study partner. I needed help on my potions assignment."

I blinked, "W-what? You're serious!?" Disappointment flew through me.

He nodded, "Yeah, I've been trying to tell you for weeks now."

"So you told Professor Snape on me, so that I can help you?" I asked, annoyed.

"Yeah, well the thing is, I asked him I needed help and he just suggested you since you were the first one to hand it in."

"Ugh, why did you hand it in early Y/N?" I mumbled, looking down.

"Huh?"

I looked at him and forced a smile, "Oh- nothing. Draco... I think its better if you ask someone else..." I replied, slowly packing up my stuff.

"You know, Professor will be forever disappointed in you if you don't keep your promises." he said, as I turned my back to him.

I sighed, Professor Snape trusted me; that's why he assigned me to this task. I faced Draco, who was still looking at me.

"You're right." I muttered, plonking myself down. He formed a sly grin.

"So help me out." He replied, pulling out his books and paper.

"What have you done so far?" I asked.

He gave me his piece of parchment and only 1/4 of the page was written in ink. I raised my eyebrow, "is that all?"

He shrugged, "I was busy alright? Plus, it's due next week- so I have time."

"Okay. Whatever you say. Anyways, I've got some notes from Potions that you can copy from..." I replied, passing the crinkled up notes from earlier.

"Why are they so crinkled? Don't you have a file or something?" He snapped, taking the notes then flattening them out on the desk.

I frowned at him, "You know Draco. When people do you a 'favour' you don't snap back at them, you say thank you."

He scoffed at me, "Mucky Moo, you're so funny! Who are you to tell me what I should do?!"

I laughed back, "Well right now, I am your mentor and if you're getting help from a mentor, you definitely don't talk back at them."

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah."

"Okay whatever, I just need you to pass so let's just start." I mumbled under my breath, laying out the notes and papers.

For the rest of our little tutor time, Draco didn't really talk back at me, he just wrote whatever he wanted to write and then I will comment saying that's not correct then he will try to protest but realised that he's wrong.

The day was getting darker and the sun was setting. I don't know how long we were in the library for but it was around 8:30 PM and I needed to go back to my dormitory before curfew.

"Great. I think that's enough for today."

"Finally." He huffed, closing his books and putting away his papers.

"By tomorrow, I just need you to read and answer the information and questions of section 5b on page 248..."

He groaned at me, I ignored him and continued. "So, you can have more of an understanding of that part which will lead you to a higher grade because Professor Snape will know when you just memorise it and when you comprehend it."

He scoffed at my comment, "Professor Snape doesn't care about assignments, he just does then because Dumbledore assigns them to all teachers."

I didn't know that.

"Oh? Well that doesn't matter. Regardless of him caring or not. An assignment is an assignment so I will need to answer the questions by tomorrow."

"Seriously?! It's literally 8:40 PM, I need to sleep not spend my time with this stupid assignment."

"You'll be fine, Draco. My word is final, if you don't complete it by tomorrow; I'm going to..." I stopped.

"You're going to what, Muppet?"

I actually didn't know what I was going to do, even if I say something that's not going to intimidate Draco. Nothing intimidates him.

"W-well-uh I'm just going to be very disappointed in y-you." I stuttered.

He snorted, "Oh no. I'm so scared now!" He joked in a high pitch tone.

"I'm being serious, Draco. Your grades need a raise."

"Ugh fine. What about by the day after? I seriously can't finish it by tomorrow though."

"Fine, do whatever you want." I sighed, standing up. "I doubt you'll even complete it." I muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing. I hope you have a good night, Draco." I plastered a smile and headed back towards the Gryffindor dormitory.