Chapter Forty-Three

(Melinda's POV)

As I wrapped up my photoshoot, I heard noises outside the door. I got on my regular clothes, and grabbed my things, and then opened the door. To my surprise, standing there was Mikey and Vinny. My stomach turned with nervousness at the sight of Mikey. I hadn't seen him in a month, unless you count looking at the several pictures Montana posted of them together. "Hey." He smiled at me, and stuffed his hands in his pockets, rocking back and forth awkwardly. "Hey." I half smiled, and walked down the stairs. They followed, and when I got out the door, I looked back at them, and stopped. they stopped also. "So, um, what are you guys doing?" I asked. "Oh, well, we were hoping we could spend some time with you...." Vinny smiled innocently. "Well, I'd be cool with that if I-" "MIKEYYY!" I heard a voice screech, the voice of the girl I absolutely despised. Montana. She came running towards us, and when she reached us, she wrapped her arms around Mikey's neck and kissed his cheek. Ewh. "OMG! Hai MELINDA! I totally did not see you there." She smiled, and clung to Mikey as if he'd dissapear if he didn't. "Hi." I mumbled, God she's so fake. Nicolette came after her, and she smiled at me, and took Vinny's hand in hers. "So, do you want to join us for pizza or something?" She smiled, fake dripping all down her face. I rolled my eyes, but plastered a fake smile on. "Actually, I was just trying to tell Mikey and Vinny that I had to go. My mom should- Actually she's right there!" I said, pointing to the car that was now pulling up to the curb. "Awe, that's too bad. Maybe next time?" She asked. "Yeah, sure." I nodded, and hugged Vinny. "Text me." I got into the car, and waved in an overexaggerated nice way, and then slammed the door. My mom saw Montana, and stepped on the gas. I laughed, and sighed. With her around, I doubt things will ever go back to normal...