Chapter Forty

(Mikey's POV)

I looked over at Montana.... And something just didn't feel right. She looked over at me, and there was a sparkle in her eyes. She really loved me. She sat up, and smiled. "I love you so much..." I couldn't find it in me to respond, so I just smiled. Her cheeks turned red, that was something we used to do when we first started dating. I never really smiled a lot, so whenever she'd say she loved me, I'd smile, and she'd turn all red. It was actually quite cute, if you ask me. But nothing will ever compare to Melinda's smile, or the way our bodies intertwined when we'd cuddle. My head started to fill with all the memories we had. There were so many, and we had only none each other for a short amount of time. The only memory I have with Montana that stuck out to me was when we broke up. She threw the dog tag necklace I had given to her at me. It hit me straight in the eye, and made me go blind from my left eye for a week. I remember throwing the necklace out into the road, and watching it get smushed. Like my heart had been. Then it hit me. What am I doing here? Back with her? When truthfully, we all know who I belong with. Melinda. My eyes began to fill with tears, but I sniffled them back up, and sighed. This is way more confsuing than it should be....

(Montana's POV)

I looked up at Mikey, and instantly knew something was up. He was holding on to me tight, like he used to. He said he'd do that because he never wanted anyone to steal me from him. Now it just seemed like he didn't care. Like he was off in some other world, with some other girl. My heart actually hurt at the thought that he might not ever be able to love me the way he used to. I know. I made my mistakes. And I will forever regret all of them. But what he needs to remember is this. Everybody deserves a second chance...